• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Mustang Book coming out 10/15/07

68gt390

Thought this was rather interesting from the Inside the Flap quote they show about the book:

"Two years later, it was replaced by the thoroughly modern 4.6-liter modular V-8 with its overhead-cam layout. An even hotter version of this engine, fitted with dual overhead cams and four valves per cylinder, was created for the Special Vehicle Team’s (SVT) Cobra Mustang, which debuted in 1993."

Maybe I'm mis-reading it but, wasn't the 1993 SVT Cobra still powered by the 5.0 liter motor. I thought the 4.6 didn't show up in a production Mustang until 1996?

Don

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I think you're right Don - must be a typo. Hopefully not in the book!

EDIT...

Wait read it again. I think the're saying the SVT Cobra debuted in 1993 not engine.
You need the next sentence for it to make sense

A resurgence came in 1979 as the more comfortable Fox-chassis Mustang debuted. Performance and pizzazz quickly rose, evidenced by the return of the GT in 1982 and a convertible rendition in 1983, following hiatuses of 13 and 10 years, respectively. A legacy within a legacy grew as the 5.0-8 gained strength to become one of Detroit's best performance buys. Two years later, it was replaced by the thoroughly modern 4.6-8 with its overhead-cam layout. An even hotter version of this engine, fitted with dual overhead cams and four valves per cylinder, was created for the Special Vehicle Team's (SVT) Cobra Mustang, which debuted in 1993. Thus armed, the SVT Cobra surpassed 300 horsepower in 1996 and was on the verge of topping 400 horses in 2003, when the Special Vehicle Team marked its 10.

Also price around as Walmart is showing it at $33.00

Here are some pages from the book. They feature the 07 GT/CS wheels on one page.
http://www.motorbooks.com/Store/ProductDetails_38566.ncm

68gt390

Guess I'm missing it but, it just seems very confusing to me the way it reads.
I'll still get a copy.

Don :rolleyes:

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I agree it was confusing.

I just think they referenced the SVT Cobra ... which by the way was introduced in 1993 ... and in 1996 it surpassed 300 hp.

Not sure why they felt it was important to note the intro year at that point.

Hopefully the rest of the book isn't as confusing!:cool: