• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Magnum Wheels on GT-CS

Wild Willie

I have the chance to aquire 2 15x7 (front) and 2 15x8 (Rear) Magnum Wheels with new tires for a really low cost and wanted to know if anyone is aware of any issues with installing them on my 68 GT/CS?

If there is no known issues with these wheels and tires fitting up within the wheel wells and clearing the brake rotas/caliper they provide me a safe set of wheels and tires before I aquire the GT Styled wheels. Please comment and thanks!
Dennis

robert campbell

As far as the wheels, there should be no issues over your calipers. They have alot of offset back into the fenderwell, so a big tire can be used on them. Clearance issues are a combination of what tire size you are using (?) and how low the car is.

A fine choice! I like them!

Rob

OP
OP
W

Wild Willie

Thanks for the feedback....

The tires are 245/60R/15's and everything else is stock.

since the car is on jack stands and the spindles are off I'm unsure if they will clear the fender walls when installed and the wheels are turned to the max.

robert campbell

That is alot of tire! It all depends on the ride heigth of the car. My gut says the backs will work. The fronts will hit if it is lowered in my opinion.

Trial and error....

rob

Mosesatm

That is alot of tire! It all depends on the ride heigth of the car. My gut says the backs will work. The fronts will hit if it is lowered in my opinion.

Trial and error....

rob

I agree, the fronts MAY be too wide. They are also about 1/2" taller than stock.

Ersel66

I have the chance to aquire 2 15x7 (front) and 2 15x8 (Rear) Magnum Wheels with new tires for a really low cost and wanted to know if anyone is aware of any issues with installing them on my 68 GT/CS?

I assume you have a V8 versus a 6 cylinder. The 6's have 4 lug pattern.

OP
OP
W

Wild Willie

100_3159.jpg

100_3164.jpg

Yes, I have the V8 GT/CS, all stock and not lowered.

I did try the front and back on today and they look good. However, the front 245/60R/15 did rub the frame slightly when the wheel is turned all the way to the left, but the car is jacked up and has no motor in it right now. I'll get the wheels and maybe select a smaller tire later if they rub.

Dennis

Midnight Special

Tom, the rims on both cars are 15x7 with 225 60R15 on the white car and 215 65R15 on the red CS. No rubbing on either which I believe are of stock (suspension) height. Engines are 302 4v (white) and 289 2v (red).

Hope this helps...

OP
OP
W

Wild Willie

Marty - Tim,
Thanks for the comments.
Tim, your cars look great and your Magnums are a good reference for me to reduce my tires if they rub when I get it back on the Road. They do look nice smile:

I'm rebuilding the 289 and can't wait to hear it's sound with a 4b and dual exhuasts.100_3153.jpg
Thanks,
Dennis