• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Power Brake conversion

My GT/CS was ordered with a strange combination of parts, Power steering, Air conditioning, but no power brakes.

I am considering changing over to power brakes for safety reasons.

I have seen in many catalogues various kits to make such a conversion, but most need a different brake pedal. The California Mustang catalogue I have has a kit that says it will work with the origional brake pedal.

This seems like it would be a good idea.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this type of comversion, and or the California Mustang kit?

Any thoughts on this idea would be greatly appreciated.

Ralph

kevin

Banned
You can use a 1994 Geo Metro Power Brake booster with master cylinder. This conversion is very popular and works well. It fits well and looks good. Another plus is its inexpensive.

OP
OP
G

Kevin, will this work with the existing brake pedal?
I really don't want to re do the pedal if possible.

Thanks for the quick response I really appreciate it.

Ralph

kevin

Banned
Yes it will. I will look up the installation tonight and send it to you.