• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Finishing the electrical problem

BrandonB

Ok guys a few weeks ago I made a thread about how my car was grounding out, well turns out it was a thick yellow wire in my steering column. It is currently disconnected and no longer grounds out, thats good. My turn signals and horn no longer work as of now though, thats bad. My question is where is that yellow wire supposed to be connected at the steering column? Any pics and comments are welcomed, and as always thanks in advanced guys I owe you and this site so much!

rvrtrash

There is a large, curved connector near where the column is bolted to the dash. The yellow wire has a connection there. It comes in one side of that connector, out the other and up to your horn switch. According to the wiring diagram I have, Ford started the yellow wire at the back of the headlight switch as an output of the circuit breaker in the switch along with the wire for the turn signals so you may have damaged the breaker in the switch as a result of it constantly shorting out, in which case you will need to replace the switch. Hope this is the info you were looking for.

Steve

PS. If your dome light or glove box light are also not working, check the connections at the battery side of the starter solenoid. That's where the power for the yellow wire starts from.
Me.

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

I have power through out the whole car, my hazard lights work its just that my turn signals and horn wont work so I needed to know where the yellow wire connects to near the steering wheel. Hopefully that will fix it! If you got a picture of the wiring diagram could you post it? If not thats cool thanks for all the info so far!