• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Bozo Rob

robert campbell

So we attacked Satan Saturday morning. Brake light, taillight, and park light issues. Mike Godwin was the host garage. Amy had licked up a new brake light switch and the proper bushing. We took the driver seat out so Rob could walk the next day. I HATE WORKING UNDER THE DASH! Not so bad with seat out.

Taillights and park lights were a fuse, but we went ahead and replaced the headlight switch. Oh the joy of getting your hand up to push the release button for the switch knob….

We had the brake light switch and the bushing but no outer nylon washer. Mike went down to the local part store and a nylon oil pan plug washer works great.

Installed the switch and tried out the brake lights. Worked great, but to much pedal pressure to activate them. She has power brakes, so we started the engine. Still too hard. Had to stand on them a bit.

So Rob went searching for the old switch to show Amy that they are not adjustable so to speak. Looked and looked. Finally found old switch in car….. Except it was the new switch…. Some idiot took both of them into the car and put the old one back in….. Some day I will reveal his name, but his initials are Rob Campbell….

Another 15 minute thrash and Rob got new switch in…. Works great….

Ah the stories of my ineptitude…. If you can’t laugh at yourself….. Someone will for you!

I was waiting for Amy to post, but she would have been nice and not mentioned my fauxpas.

Rob

franklinair

Dear Bozo,

Been there. Done that.
I know what you mean as to working under the dash.....AAHHHH. I don't go under the instrument panels in these airplanes anymore, either I found a new word= DELEGATE.
Glad everything turned out OK.

Neil

PS:
Talk Amy into the LED's for brake/parking lites. No more blown fuses, and brighter, too.

aemoo28

Doctor Rob, aka Bozo, aka Master Idle Man,

Thank you for making me laugh that day. "Push harder on the pedal!" You kept saying. I was pushing and pushing and getting really pissed that the "new" switch was not working.

You and Mike and Steve are my heroes. We kicked her @ss. And that new trick she does, the one where she spits off #5 spark plug? She gave it up because the new idle isn't so rough. In fact, smooth as silk.

Thank yooouuuuu Team Special!