• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Gold Nugget, Sunlit or Anniversary Gold

robert campbell

Hello,
SnottyStang, I own a car similar to yours. It is a Gold Nugget, but has the entire factory fiberglass and other options of a GT/CS. Kinda a mystery car. Of note my Marti report has the same paint code, and says it was Sunlit Gold, Ford #3073-A. It is posted in the Marti thread. My car was sold in the Seattle area and I live in Bremerton Washington.

Of note the color of a Gold Nugget is rumored to be Anniversary Gold, which is a much “richer” “browner” gold. A had the car to bare metal and it was not Sunlit Gold. It was way different than Sunlit Gold. I would love to see a color picture of your car close up. Especially in an area that is known to be original paint and out of the sun. Like in a doorjamb or the inside of a trunk lid. A great place to find original paint is under the scuff plates on the bottom of the door opening. By the way, there is another car in the site that has the GT/CS option and is Anniversary Gold. It was built 2 days after my car. I have talked to one of the owners, Janice Brulic, and her uncle painted it and he had a heck of a time matching the paint. This car is posted in the Marti thread also.

I went into the micro fish of the Seattle PI and have numerous adds printed from January through April of 1968. According to these ads, 525 Gold Nuggets would be made. They are also supposed to have a plaque on the dash for the original owner and stating these are Gold Nuggets, with the original owner’s name on them. Not sure if the name was always there or not. There are a couple sites that talk to these cars. Of note, the 1968 ads say they are supposed to be Sunlit Gold. Confusing, as I know my car was not.

Anyway, if you PM me your address, I will make copies of these ads and mail them to you. Not sure if a Canada library can get American micro fish or not. If they can you could more than likely can do the same thing looking at Portland newspapers. Paul Newitt turned me onto this way to search for stuff. Time consuming but rewarding!

If we get some good pictures I would like the site to weigh in on whether your car is Sunlit or darker in color.

Welcome to this site!! Lots of great people and information!

Rob