• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Friday Joke

Mustanglvr

Number 13, embarassingly enough, the builders of the Titanic were Irishmen.

p51

Mustanglvr said:
Number 13, embarassingly enough, the builders of the Titanic were Irishmen.
There wasnt ever any issue about how the Titanic was built or even how it was designed. The problem was how it was driven.. :wink:

rvrtrash

I believe there is a theory that part of the problem was the way the steel was manufactured. It was supposedly too brittle and in cold temperatures was prone to cracking under stress. The main bulkheads also didn't go all the way to the top deck, allowing water to flow over the top into the next compartment which would flood and spill into the next, etc. None of this would have made a difference of course if the hull hadn't been impacted in the first place. History lesson complete for today. Tomorrows test will be on the League of Nations.

Steve

marie68csmustangs

I like all of them, and the main thing is that it's all true.. Espically #12..

Another one - In America, Where we order a Big Mac and Large fries and wash it down with a diet coke.... Go figure!!

Marie

p51

rvrtrash said:
I believe there is a theory that part of the problem was the way the steel was manufactured. It was supposedly too brittle and in cold temperatures was prone to cracking under stress. The main bulkheads also didn't go all the way to the top deck, allowing water to flow over the top into the next compartment which would flood and spill into the next, etc. None of this would have made a difference of course if the hull hadn't been impacted in the first place. History lesson complete for today. Tomorrows test will be on the League of Nations.

Steve
Interesting. Didnt know about the steel being brittle. Knew about the bulkheads. The designer was on the ship when it hit the iceberg. It wasnt too long after the damage assessment was done (the ship was barely listing at the time) that he calculated that the ship would indeed sink - it was never designed to have as many water-tight compartments compromised below the waterline as happened in the accident. "Unsinkable" was the marketing spin...
There are lies, damn lies, and marketing :wink:

Mustanger

Free BBQ Grill

... okay, I'll start:

--------------------------------------------------------------

This is not a joke!

You really can get a free BBQ grill from any of the following stores:

Save-On

Zellers

Wal-Mart

IGA marketplace

Costco

Safeway

The following shows the BBQ in action........

Attachments

• free_BBQ_Grill_1_[1].jpg
    free_BBQ_Grill_1_[1].jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 47

Diesel Donna

Do you know why cowboy hats are turned up on the sides?

So they can fit three cowboys in a pick-up.

Okay, sorry 'bout that.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Good point.

Hmmmmm, maybe there is something to Brokeback Mountain after all.

Mustanglvr

Mosesatm said:
Good point.

Hmmmmm, maybe there is something to Brokeback Mountain after all.

In that case Arlie, the hats would be turned up in the front and back, you`de think. LMAO:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know, I`m warped.

Mustanglvr

Now this is funny.:eek: :rofl:

Attachments

• gtcscrash.jpg
    gtcscrash.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Sorry, I was inspecting funeral homes for handicapped access all day. I swear, if I could find a way to make money with pictures of toilets I could retire.

Here we go, I found a better-late-than-never Friday funny.

http://www.eepybird.com/

Mustanglvr

Mosesatm said:
Sorry, I was inspecting funeral homes for handicapped access all day. I swear, if I could find a way to make money with pictures of toilets I could retire.

Here we go, I found a better-late-than-never Friday funny.

http://www.eepybird.com/

That was great Arlie. My 10 year old daughter BriLynn and I really enjoyed that video. I sent it on to everyone on my email list.