• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/Cs Convertible

67ragtop

Hi,

I just came across your website and thought I'd post a pic of a nice 68 I saw for sale a while back. As far as I know, no GT/CS convertibles were made by the factory. This one looks great. It should have been made.

I don't have a GT/CS - but I do have a 67 Convertible, red with black interior, 289 / 4BBL, Power Front Disc Brakes, PS, console, Mono AM/FM radio, clock, GT exhaust, and Styled Steel wheels.

A close friend of mine has a beautiful Concours Trailered GT/CS with alot of options - Gulfstream Aqua with 390/4BBL automatic, A/C, PS, both Consoles, AM/FM radio, Power Front Disk Brakes, and tilt wheel. It was featured in Mustang Monthly several years ago.

Nice site!

Attachments

• gt.cs_ragtop.jpg
    gt.cs_ragtop.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP

67ragtop

Here's another shot of the car. I wish I could have bought it!

Attachments

• must30b.jpg
    must30b.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 27

Perkchiro

Nice car but obviously not an authentic GT/CS, unless of course someone chopped the top off of one :mad:

Herck

the car looks nice i was thinking about chopping top off my car what u gys think do u wana kill me hahah its 390 car it would be nice to have a convertilble once u drive one u wonder why they even make hard tops i would use all factory parts i think it would look beutifull but would be big project been on my mind for a long time love the air be nice to me with comments im sensative hahaha

mmarsalone

[quote author=Herck link=board=1;threadid=2035;start=0#msg13505 date=1124221841]
the car looks nice i was thinking about chopping top off my car what u gys think do u wana kill me hahah its 390 car it would be nice to have a convertilble once u drive one u wonder why they even make hard tops i would use all factory parts i think it would look beutifull but would be big project been on my mind for a long time love the air be nice to me with comments im sensative hahaha
[/quote]

. , ? ; : " " These can be found on the lower right side of your keyboard. Along with two "Shift" keys. :eek:

Sorry, that post is hard to read.

Mike

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Herck link=board=1;threadid=2035;start=0#msg13505 date=1124221841]
[/quote]

removable hardtop seems like a better idea.

hookedtrout

I think there's a lot more to it than just cutting off the top. You have to add in a lot of strength to the car to support losing all the structural support you loose when you cut off the top.

Hook

Herck

yes there is a lot to it its best to get a parts car for structural pieces u need frame peices and top of course there has been a few basket cases on ebay that i was looking at but havnt totally made my mind up even thought it wouldnt be totally original it would still be a rare ride and be fun in the sun the ive slowly been gathering lots of performance parts for the engine for a while now will be a brute so would also expect to do more than the factroy did any way to frame etc

Mustanglvr

Sounds like it would be a fun project, but you will regret it once the price of GT/CS`s goes through the roof and yours isn`t original anymore. Only change what you can change back. My 2 cents worth. :)Rhonda

Herck

u are right for shure i probaly wont but allways on my mind though love the air but also not in it for profit more in it for unique ness i always think of selling it to one of u gys but ive driven it since i was a kid belonged to my friend he bought it when i was 13 years old so not shure if i should part with it or doo what i want with it but if i ever make up my mind ill tell u gys for shure i know ull appreciate it

68sunlitgold

This car has come up for sale numerous times and has been the topic of discussion on this site too, usually from the same dealer in CA. He continues to state it is an authentic GT/CS even though he will not get a Marti report to prove it.

Doug

Herck

has any body looked at it if so what is the deal with car i dont think too many people want to chop top off car its a expensive endevour and there is a lot of convertibles around why bother the car i have means something to me and i love the sun so i probably crazy a little hhaha

OP
OP

67ragtop

Rather than chop the top off a genuine GT/CS, I think the better choice would be to build a clone from a plain jane convertible since the GT/CS parts are bolt on and available in reproduction. A coupe would need inner and outer torque boxes installed to strengthen the structure if the roof was cut off. I'm sure more structural mods would need to be done too.

I think Herck's typing style suggests he spends a lot of time in chatrooms because his posts have no punctuation marks. No offense intended, just an observation.

OP
OP

67ragtop

The photos I posted were from an ad I saw in May of 2000. Mustangs Only in Culver City, CA was the seller.

1968 Ford Mustang

"California Special" Convertible

V-8, 289 Cubic Inch, C-4 Automatic

12 Years in Storage

Now has New Paint, Chrome, Tires, Top and Upholstery
Power Steering, Dual Exhaust

Call our 800 Number for whatever... ;-)

PRICE $18,000.00