• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS on Ebay

JD18

This is the one I have been waiting for. Ready to pull the trigger, but does anyone know anything about this one? Or anyone local that could take a look? I inquired about Marti Report and received message it was put up. Checking now. Thanks!

390cs68rcode

I always scratch my head when there is a Ebay auction with no buy it now and they state car is for sale locally and they reserve the right to end the auction early.

I guess that means if you call them you can find out the price and buy it but if you go thru Ebay you have to wait until the auction is over.......pretty much second in line to people who call them on the phone. SMH

SD GTCS

I would have someone look at it before you buy. Vague discription and no close up pics. Does not say when it was last repainted, implies original, but fender bolts are painted over. Reflections of the lights in the paint are very wavey and with heavy orange peel. Who knows whats under that paint. Engine compartment repainted incorrectly, underbody all painted black. Mileage doesn't matter if everything needed to be redone. Bring a paint gauge.

68wsr

I notice in one of pictures where under side by the C4 trans there looks like a rusted out torque box on the passenger side. I was wondering why the blue lift arm is farther back than driver side blue lift arm. I think its because the torque box is rusted out. The torque box is one of the most difficult thing to replace. One may have partially rusted frame rail, kick panel, and floor pan associated with the rusted torque box. I recommend one do a careful inspection before bidding on this car.

Daniel
68 HCS

somethingspecial

Can anyone snag that Marti Report and send it to me. I tried, but it is so small I can't read it. It would need to be enlarged. Thanks. Mike

mbsf1970

can someone please post the auction # for this car? The link won't patch me through to item....the only GT/Cs I see is a lime green one with no bench seats...
stephen

Don

can someone please post the auction # for this car? The link won't patch me through to item....the only GT/Cs I see is a lime green one with no bench seats...
stephen

Use the ebay search function:

1968 California Special

Sort by highest price first.

Mosesatm

Mike,
Here is the Marti
The auction number is 271773934385

Attachments

• 8R01C160547.jpg
    8R01C160547.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 69