• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Carroll Shelby Appearance

case12

(sorry if this gets posted twice...i think i missed it the first time)

I just found out through a local mustang club that Carroll Shelby is coming to the Volo Auto Museum here in Illinois on May 28 (presumably to pitch the prototype 1967 shelby convertible recently found - the sister to 'little red' - which you can read about in the latest Mustang Monthly). They plan to show Shelby mustangs at this event, but agreed to select and show less than 50 non-shelby mustangs. I got on the phone and registered the GT/CS right away. I let Volo know the GT/CS is the result of the "little red" coupe prototype.

I am very excited to show the car at this special event and hope to meet Mr Shelby. I can't wait to tell people about FORD's version of a Shelby coupe! It should be a great time, along with the showing of the prototype convertible (which was not crushed like 'little red' was) to raise awareness of the GT/CS .

If you are in the area, or want more info, let me know and I will pass along what I know. Casey

68gt390

Sounds like a great deal casey. Seems in the past few months the GT/CS is finally going to get some recognition after all these years. Paul working with Ford on a future California Special, GT/CS diecast being made from my car and now you'll have the chance to show your car at the Volvo Museum and hopefully have folks take notice of a car that should have been recognized long ago. There's no where to go but up.

Congratulations ;D

Don

Mustanglvr

That is so awesome Case12. It will be such a privlidge to meet Carroll Shelby himself. If you get the chance to get his autograph would you get one for me too? You don`t know what a thrill it would be for me to have his autograph. He`s getting up there in age and I don`t think he`s gonna be making too many more appearances to where I`d be able to get one myself. Thanks in advance. ;D Rhonda