• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

paint type on interior dash

imported_tree

just finished getting new trim pieces for the dash area.want to repaint metal dash or touch up-from fade and wear marks.has anyone done this or is this a job for the pros.the dash trim is camera black and the rest is some other type of black. any ideas. the head liner that i also have will be put in a couple of months. just worried about the front and back glass that must be removed, (new concourse) this is being done by a pro. O by the way does anyone know WILL THE HEATER MOTOR WORK WITHOUT THE RESISTOR PLUG WORKING. thanks terry........................................

Russ

If you have a black interior, the color for the dash is "black metallic". You can purchase this paint in a spray can from National Parts Depot. I used this on two of my cars and the finish looks great. Hope this helps.
Russ

Sarge

Russ,
Did you take the camera case finish down to the bare metal (plastic) and primer before painting?
Thanks, Robert

Russ

The camera case finish is a satin black finish, which is different finish than the metal portion of the dash. I did not take the paint off the camera case plastic, but painted over this area with a "Satin Black" color. You can use Krylon Semi Flat Black or Rust-Oleum Satin Black for a great finish. I have found that the Rust-Oleum brand is a bit more durable, but Krylon dries faster. Both products give the desired finish.

As a side note, these paints are also excellent for refinishing the engine compartment and the undersides of the fender area that are supposed to be painted black. Hope this helps,
Russ