• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Deluxe Interior

franklinair

I've completed the Deluxe dash component installation (including the Tach in place of the clock) and am now attacking the Deluxe door panels. (Already installed the Deluxe lower door grilles.)
The Deluxe door panel door straps are a bit of a dilemna. It sure seems like a hodge-podge afterthought as far as their installation & attachment. Does anyone have a photo and/or drawing of this installation? I've got all new parts to do so, but a picture is worth a million words.:undecided

Neil

murf104

Neil, I do not have my FAM with me, but isn't there a drawing of this in the Osborn 68 body FAM? Seems as one was in there when I was looking for information about the little rubber strip that glues to the vent window frame where it meets the door. Never did find out about that little rubber strip, by the way!

gtcs1

I've completed the Deluxe dash component installation (including the Tach in place of the clock) and am now attacking the Deluxe door panels. (Already installed the Deluxe lower door grilles.)
The Deluxe door panel door straps are a bit of a dilemna. It sure seems like a hodge-podge afterthought as far as their installation & attachment. Does anyone have a photo and/or drawing of this installation? I've got all new parts to do so, but a picture is worth a million words.:undecided

Neil

Hi Neil,

I just sent to your email address the door trim ford MPC diagram. Have fun....

gtcs1

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Well, I got it figured out, and have the right door completed. I took a couple of photos of my installation while in progress, and I'll get my computer guru show me how to post them on this thread in case anyone else would wish to install the Deluxe interior in their own car. I really like the appearance of the Deluxe interior, and now plan on doing it to my C/S, in black. All the necessary parts are available via Mustang suppliers.

Neil