• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Forming GT/CS Owner Regions

P

PNewitt

Here's an idea that might fly...

What about forming a few "GT/CS owner regions". That is, areas where people that live in certain (rural) areas of the USA (or other countries), can get together, have drives, picnics, get togethers, work days, resto clinics, etc....this would include '68, as well as the 2007/2008 GT/CSs. This could be an extension of the "family" we have here.

I thought of this, because once you get east of Calif, owners are spread out here and there (well, not literally! LOL)...and it's not easy to find other owners to meet.

So--everyone here can think about maybe forming these regions. I'll include this idea in the mailer I'm getting ready to mail late this week, and then tell folks to come here to see this thread. Then, they can decide if they wish to join, via the contacts made available for each region (which you can pick and decide on here).

The other possibility is to have GT/CS owners contact each SAAC region.

It's up to you!

thanks--Paul N.

obwan93001

Great idea Paul. Personally it would be nice to be able to meet other local GT/CS owners and attend resto clinics/work days and the like. I'm the only "car person" in my circle of friends so I don't get to talk much or can get too technical or they get that glassy eyed look and start to drool from boredom. Same thing with my profession in IT, all my friends know how to use and break their computers but know nothing about their "inner workings" or have a desire for "tech" like I do. I know that's kinda funny but hey, most of them have tolerated me for 20 yrs or longer so I have no plans of giving them up anytime soon :icon_no:. Nope, just ain't gonna happen.

Look forward to hearing more about this, thanks Paul!

Oscar

rvrtrash

I was playing with the numbers and I would have to be in a region that covered more than 75,000 sq. miles to come up with a half dozen cars. :cry:

Steve

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

hey Steve.....at least you don't own a Tucker! LOL!!

I think I can get the webmaster to have a "Regional" list on the site for people to include their names--so if you live in, say...um...."Idaho"....you can also post that you're from there, yet preserve your privacy, etc...and then decide to meet other owners in your area--at your own choosing.

Maybe someone needs to come out of the woodwork and "find" Steve?

Paul N.

franklinair

?? How many C/S's east of the Mississippi & south of the Mason-Dixon Line??

Neil

J.Bart

hey paul,
i guess with 8 2008 gt/cs cars and i know of two 68's besides mine, that is eleven in a 75 mile stretch, regions might be kind of fun.

hookedtrout

I was playing with the numbers and I would have to be in a region that covered more than 75,000 sq. miles to come up with a half dozen cars. :cry:

Steve

What's with the frown? That's a wonderful thing. Less is more when it comes to population!!

Cory

rvrtrash

What's with the frown? That's a wonderful thing. Less is more when it comes to population!!

Cory

True that, however it would be nice to have a population of 10 and 6 of them had CS's. :grin:

Steve (almost Canadian)

J.Bart

steve,
i tried to make a joke,
eh
have you thought about coming down to "chrome in the dome" in april?

rvrtrash

steve,
i tried to make a joke,
eh
have you thought about coming down to "chrome in the dome" in april?

No worries mate! I knew that. I'd like to go to your show but it depends on the schedule. I HAVE to do the Portland swap meet at the beginning of April (Last year I gave a guy his $300 asking price for a ram air plenum and both air valves for a '71-3 Mustang. Later in the day he saw me and was really mad. He found out what they were worth. Who knows what deal I'll find this year.) and we'll just have to see how the rest goes.

Steve

rvrtrash

i have heard of the portland swap meet,
let me know when it is

It's April 4-6 at the Expo center. If you're going, find a hotel NOW, because it's a huge event. There is a swap meet at PIR (racetrack) about a half a mile away April 3-6 so this is probably the premier Northwest meet. If anyone goes, let me know so we can meet up, or if anyone wants me to look for something, contact me and we can arrange something.

https://www.expocenter.org/index.htm

Steve

dpheyes

Steve

Steve,

I guess that would put me in a region of more than 650,000 sq. miles and only two CSs! I'd have to ride a ferry for twelve hours and drive for another twelve just to see the other CS in Fairbanks, AK! :sad:

Doug in AK

rvrtrash

OK, I'm seeing something like the Verizon commercial for "Red Hot Deal Days" with the two of you meeting up in Anchorage and having a 2 car parade. :grin:

Steve