• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 double sided roofrail tape

Mosesatm

Any good auto parts store will carry double-stick tape in various sizes.

robert campbell

I apply it to the trim piece and stick it to it. It does not need to be sticky on both sides. Always keep in mind that these cars never see the rain and seldom even are washed with water. I have seen people risk their windshield and rear window trim to replace the gasket that has a couple cracks in it. And the glass is in great shape. I tell them that these cars are not daily drivers anymore.

Rob

franklinair

West Coast Classic Cougar P/N 25866. Foam tape, one side 'stickum'. CJ Pony's is the same material, and FREE shipping.
I stick it to the roof line, hold the roof rail in place, use an awl to locate screw holes.
Get 2 rolls to make sure you don't run out. $11ea+/-.

Neil

mbsf1970

Rob,
I HAD to replace both front and back rubber because not only were they cracked but had large gaps (as large as an inch)......and with the long trips I take, leakage was not really an option.

If you don't wash your car with water, what do you wash it with?!

robert campbell

I seldom wash my cars with water. A duster and spray on detail or a wax job.... A small leak in the rain can be soaked up with a towel.

Original windshield and rear window glass trim not dinged up...… PRICELESS!

Rob

stangfan

I seldom wash my cars with water. A duster and spray on detail or a wax job.... A small leak in the rain can be soaked up with a towel.

Original windshield and rear window glass trim not dinged up...… PRICELESS!

Rob

My detailing process is the same as Rob's. Dust with California Duster after each drive, microfibers and detailer spray when needed, and a good wax job early each year. My GT/CS has not been washed with water since 2013.

mbsf1970

My detailing process is the same as Rob's. Dust with California Duster after each drive, microfibers and detailer spray when needed, and a good wax job early each year. My GT/CS has not been washed with water since 2013.[/QUOTE

Steve and Rob,

No bugs where you guys live???

stangfan

My detailing process is the same as Rob's. Dust with California Duster after each drive, microfibers and detailer spray when needed, and a good wax job early each year. My GT/CS has not been washed with water since 2013.[/QUOTE

Steve and Rob,

No bugs where you guys live???

Bugs can be dealt with by using detailer spray...you just need to get them off before they harden.

BroadwayBlue

I rarely wash my CS with water either.
Duster, Detailer too.

Once in awhile if I get caught in the rain while driving, then I'll give it a rinse.
If I'm not driving I usually don't.

I do have a small leak when I get caught in the rain.
It causes 2 small streams of water to come down the windshield from the top, on the inside! Couldn't figure out why the wipers weren't catching them. :rolleyes:

Oh there was the April snow I got caught in picking it up from Winter storage this year. That needed a rinse.

mbsf1970

Well,
I don't mind washing it every now and then on my front lawn. Cowls are good and its never out in falling leaves or debris to get stuck in places they shouldn't. Seals around windows don't leak so I just wash in sections by hand: roof and windows first, hood and front quarters second, grille and front then sides, trunk and rear...leaving wheels till last. I wash a section at a time then dry it and move on. Therapeutic some would say although there are a TON of nooka and crannies to get into!!