• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fog Light Question

GTCSMustang

Anyone ever seen these fog lights on a GT/CS. I know that they are not factory correct, or correct as replacements for marschals, but has anyone ever heard of an instance where the dealer replaced the marshals with lights other than the lucas ones. These appear very similar (if not the same) as fog lights that Ford offered through their "1968 FORD ACCESSORIES" catalog (part number C5RZ-19B32). As I understand it, my car would have been subject to the fog light recall (built 4/4/68).

Thanks for any comments,

Scott

Attachments

• DSC00144.JPG
    DSC00144.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 27
P

PNewitt

Well, Scott, you tossed an interesting curve into the Marchal Foglight recall.

Yes, these are the "official Ford" dealer accessory foglights. In all reality, I'm sure someone could have had these replace the Marchals--at the dealer in '68.

In a concours context, it would have to be either the Marchal or Lucas (depending on the date of the car).

I'm sure to a collector, these would be worth "a lot' to a '65 or '66 Mustang owner. Something to consider for EBAY. They look like they're in excellent condition. The bulbs are the same as the lights for the '65-66 GT grille.

Neat!
Paul N.

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Paul,

Thanks for the confirmation on the lights being dealer accessories. Now I guess I need to decide what to do with them. They look pretty silly to me, but I'm used to seeing the others. I'm guessing they have been on there since "near" day-one. I bought the car from the second owner and he said it was that way (round fog lights) when he got it. Don't know the real story on them. But nothing else on the car has been altered over the years (original paint, original spare, etc).

Scott

P

PNewitt

I forgot to mention that those Ford dealer option fog lights were meant to bolt into the ('65-'66) bumper. That is, they're supposed to replace the front two bumper bolts. That's why they are designed to have bolts located at the bottom of them.

Paul N.

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Can someone please tell me if there is any additional hardware required to mount the Marchal fog lights other than what comes with them?

68gt390

GTCSMustang said:
Can someone please tell me if there is any additional hardware required to mount the Marchal fog lights other than what comes with them?

Scott;
It's pretty streight up with what comes with the lights. When I bought mine from Orlando Mustang they furnished all the washers and nuts required to install. The only thing to watch for is ensuring you get the washer right side up so it fits in the indentation on the mounting bracket (washer is tapered). I've seen a couple that were on backwards.

Don

68gt390

Paul;
I've noticed a lot of the Marchal's that have been on ebay lately have only 1 lead wire coming out of the casing (hot wire). I know when I opened up mine there is a black ground wire inside the housing that was cut and a duel feed wire replacing it. I'm assuming these lights originally came with the ground inside and just 1 lead wire leading out of the housing. Did Ford change the wiring on these lights before mounting?

Don

OP
OP
GTCSMustang

GTCSMustang

Don,
Did the lights you got from Orlando Mustang plug right into the existing wire harness, or did you need to modify them?
Scott

68gt390

Scott;
The wiring on the Marchals as I'm sure you are aware have two male ends. Pete at Orlando also furnished a female splicer I had to use which then allows them to plug directly into the GT wiring harness. This splicer was also one of the ways to help identify a true GT/CS since they were also used at the factory. You only need to use 1 splicer per light. Hope this helps.

Don

gtcs1

68gt390 said:
Scott;
The wiring on the Marchals as I'm sure you are aware have two male ends. Pete at Orlando also furnished a female splicer I had to use which then allows them to plug directly into the GT wiring harness. This splicer was also one of the ways to help identify a true GT/CS since they were also used at the factory. You only need to use 1 splicer per light. Hope this helps.

Don

My Marchal lamps I got has only the single wire. I would like to have the correct set-up. Where is the second "male" connector hooked-up, inside the lamp, and how long is it extending outside the lamp?

I'm not too familiar with this splicer. Anyone has close-up picture of this set-up and where can I find these splicers and correct ground wires?

Thanks
Pierre

tworings

GTCSMustang said:
Anyone ever seen these fog lights on a GT/CS. I know that they are not factory correct, or correct as replacements for marschals, but has anyone ever heard of an instance where the dealer replaced the marshals with lights other than the lucas ones. These appear very similar (if not the same) as fog lights that Ford offered through their "1968 FORD ACCESSORIES" catalog (part number C5RZ-19B32). As I understand it, my car would have been subject to the fog light recall (built 4/4/68).

Thanks for any comments,

Scott

Scott - our car also has round GT-style fog lights - they appear to have been there a long time, possibly due to the recall.... ~ Lisa

Attachments

• fog light.jpg
    fog light.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 25