• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Shoulder Harness

nfrntau

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Can someone tell me what the measurements are for the mounting bolt/screw that holds the shoulder harness/belt in place. The headliner is in and I thought it would be easy to find the holes. Wrong.
Measurements from the headliner seam and from the beltline up to bolt center will get me in the right ball park.

Thanks
Bill

Northern Pony

Bill;
The measurement from the seam in front the anchor point is 3 1/2 inches towards rear. The other measurement is from the top of curve in rear window to anchor point about 1 1/2 inches, is much less accurate as it depends on where you hold tape measure. That should get you in the ball park.
BoB

gtcs1

Bill;
The measurement from the seam in front the anchor point is 3 1/2 inches towards rear. The other measurement is from the top of curve in rear window to anchor point about 1 1/2 inches, is much less accurate as it depends on where you hold tape measure. That should get you in the ball park.
BoB

I guess the headliner seam may vary a bit from car to car. Once you think you're close to the area, a trick that I saw on another forum was noted under this thread;
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/showtopic.php?tid/1500596/

trick noted as Will have to hunt for them (I use a small needle and a finger

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

Success,
Knowing about where to start and using the pin trick worked perfectly.
Thanks Y'all

Bill

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

Hi Shaun,
I don't remember what size it was. I can say that the bolt was a slightly smaller diameter than the seat belt bolt. Definitely a very fine thread.
Hope this helps a little bit.
Cheers.