• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

My GT/CS Selected for Concours d'Elegance

case12

I just received notice that my 68 GT/CS has been selected for the Barrington Concours d'Elegance. This is like the "Pebble Beach" of the midwest. "Featuring 100 of the worlds most rare, historic and classic cars". They selected my GT/CS to represent the "pony car" era, and to represent "disctinctive and rare design features". Wow - my car is going to be with Dussenburgs, Ferrari's, Stanley Steamers, Packards, Bugattis, Lamborginis.....

This is way cool for the GT/CS to be prominently displayed with this array of cars in this setting. I have a lot of cleaning to do before October!! Casey

Here is the link:
http://www.barringtonconcours.org/

sam

Nice honor.............thanks for representing us.

Sam

P

PNewitt

WOW!

Congrats...!!!

Will you have the Lee Grey-signed dash panel in place??

You may steal the show with too much popularity.

Let us know how it goes...

Paul.

miller511

Wow Casey. That's quite an honor. Let us know how it goes.

-Jeff

John McGilvary

Congrats Casey,

I hope you know how amazing this is and how much your work with the
GT/CS means to all California Special owners and want-to-be owners.

Thank you very much from this original owner, keep up the good work.

John

P

PNewitt

What Donna said...but without the "beans". Will it have air shocks? :wink:

I've never seen "Beans" and "Air Shock" in the same sentance before...that's a first! LOL!!

I really think that the CS will get the most attention....We'll see, but most will be fascinated by the unusual-ness of it. I can only hear the comments..."that must be a modified Mustang"...or.."Is that a Shelby coupe?"....or..."yeah, they made only 300 of those"....etc...

Casey will need to give short histories on the GT/CS every 5 minutes. Perhaps a sign is needed, telling of the history?? (that is, if they will allow signs). Maybe something descrete on the passenger window?

Again, Congrats!!

Paul N.

OP
OP
case12

case12

I think I need to make some cards like Arlie made. Arlie, can you send me that again? It is a super way to get the word out quickly, and people walk away with something they can look at later....? Casey

Also, since it is a Concours d'Elegance, THEY make up the board with your help. You dont get to show off your own board. The boards are all the same for everyone. (see the site for some examples).