• The intent of this Restoration Reference forum is to provide a collection of technical, accurate details to help others in their restorations. These Reference Articles can include photos, descriptions, diagrams, part numbers, concours rules, etc.

PLEASE ONLY POST VARIFIED INFORMATION. This is a technical forum and the information needs to be as accurate as possible. Please don't post things you've heard second hand or think you remember reading somewhere.

You may reply to an Article, but only if it serves to give more information or clarify a detail in that Article. These should be a presentation of fact more than a discussion. Off-topic responses will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

"Front" sticker on air cleaners

ViCatz

Thanks
Lets see what I have on tap...
afew pics I have handy.
The B&W are from car mags of the day from test drives these cars went on.
also notice the shop manual drawings one does one doesn't- not that factory drawings are proof just that its interesting.

Attachments

• SSDI5.jpg
    SSDI5.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 71 CJ no decal.JPG
    71 CJ no decal.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 48
  • CJ4.JPG
    CJ4.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 45
  • PIC00035.jpg
    PIC00035.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 70 shop 302 351.JPG
    70 shop 302 351.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 71 xr7 CJ.jpg
    71 xr7 CJ.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

J_Speegle

Nice magazine pictures but we're getting way off the focus (though I like seeing the 71 CJ Cougar since I'm building one) with 71 vehicles.

Have had much faith in magazine cars since they were often prepped and reused various times. The one original (though a but rough ;) 70 in the one picture appears that it might have the remains (at least the glue) of the sticker. Since these were paper based decals (unlike the reproduction) they didn't hold up well in the wet parts fo the country

Thanks for sharing....... guess this thread now belongs better over on one of the Cougar sites but will keep looking at those Dearborn cars. ;)

Last edited:

nfrntau

Thought this thread needed a photo of an unrestored 1968 San Jose 289 engine.

Attachments

• DSCF2024.JPG
    DSCF2024.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Mustang GTCS (48).jpg
    Mustang GTCS (48).jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Mustang GTCS (49).jpg
    Mustang GTCS (49).jpg
    182 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

J_Speegle

"Unrestored" well that's one word for it ;)

Thanks ... when was the car built? - for reference purposes

Bob G

Proper name for these decals are Engineering tags. They are determined by the engineers for safety and to let owners know important inportant information. I reproduce Engineering tags for the Mercedes-Benz W113 Pagoda SL model from 1964 to 1971. Very costly but by all means needed even if you do not show your car.

Robert Geco

J_Speegle

The paper tag was a temporary one designed for use at the plant and not really for owners or service personnel. The aluminum tag was designed for that purpose. ;)

Doug

In summary: I think?

CAUTION on the fan shoud not correct
FRONT on the air cleaner is correct

I have a 390 S code with automatic.

Doug

J_Speegle

In summary: I think?

CAUTION on the fan shoud not correct
FRONT on the air cleaner is correct

I have a 390 S code with automatic.

Doug

No "FRONT" decal on a 68 San Jose car originally - IMHO ;)