• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Replacement grill for my 68 GTCS

thombarnes

Anyone know where I can find a replacement grill for my 68 GTCS also my Lucas lights are mounted from the brackets in the grill are the correct mounts available.

Thomas

Mosesatm

Anyone know where I can find a replacement grill for my 68 GTCS also my Lucas lights are mounted from the brackets in the grill are the correct mounts available.

Thomas

The grill is a standard '67 unit, (yes, '67 and not '68) but you'll need to remove the vertical brackets and cut the grill for the foglight brackets. It's easy and I can send you a drawing of the grill that shows where to cut.

The posts for the Lucas lights can be purchased from Highcountrybob on this site.

Now, the paint is another issue. It's not black. We've debated this issue numerous times so you'll find some good information by running a search on grill paint. I use '67 styled steel wheel paint over a black base coat.

Here's a link to a thread about the grilles.
http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7225

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Thomas, I moved your question into it's own thread since it wasn't really related to the conversation you posted in originally. Just FYI so you wouldn't wonder where it went.

About the fog lights, are you sure they are Lucas? Since they're mounted on the grill brackets are they maybe Marchals? If you know the difference between Lucas and Marchals I don't mean to insult you with the question. With new members it's hard to tell their GT/CS experience level, so I ask the obvious. :)

classicsguy

I believe that our member R&R CLASSICS has the correct one too and only needs to be painted. You can find his logo on the left hand side of this section. Hope it helps

somethingspecial

Concours Correct Grilles

I am currently perfecting making correct fog light brackets, but I have the correct rivots and paint for the grilles. If you have correct fog light brackets, and want to send them to me I can build you a Concours correct grille, painted correctly and with correct rivots for $150.00 not including shipping costs. (That price includes a new repop grille) PM me if you are interested. Currently I will only use original fog light brackets or Delta Bay Mustang fog light brackets in my grilles.

Once I have MY brackets perfected, I will offer complete grilles which will be offered through R&R Classics. My brackets will be Concours correct, unlike other cheap brackets I have seen. Delta Bay Mustang makes as close to Concours brackets as I have seen and IMHO are well worth using. DBM is a bit pricey if they have them in stock. Mike.

OP
OP
T

thombarnes

Wow thanks for the great feed back yes my lights are Lucas but I believe they are mounted upside down on grill brackets or the lights were changed in the recall not sure.
as for the grill I think I can modify the 67 please send me the drawing for the modifications.

thanks everyone for the help

new GTCS Owner
Thomas

Mosesatm

Here's a drawing and a couple photos.

The drawing shows where to remove the horizontal and vertical bars.

Attachments

• GTCS Grille Detail 1 DSCN1998.jpg
    GTCS Grille Detail 1 DSCN1998.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 29
  • Grille 1.jpg
    Grille 1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 24
  • GTCS Grille Model (1).pdf
    15.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Doug

This site is most amazing – each and every time a request for information comes in somebody on this site jumps in to help. - Doug

hookedtrout

And the best thing is...there isn't any catch, no cost, no fee, no you owe me, no proprietary personal secret I own it, just here it is hope it helps and if you need more come back soon and often. Don't even have to wait for the book to come out. We are the book.

It is a fantastic place to hang out!!

Thanks to everyone that has helped me in the past.

The shop is all but done, just needs the overhead door and then I won't have any excuse not to do something with my car at which time I'll need lots and lots of support which I know without out a doubt is just waist deep around here.

Midnight Special

And the best thing is...there isn't any catch, no cost, no fee, no you owe me, no proprietary personal secret I own it, just here it is hope it helps and if you need more come back soon and often. Don't even have to wait for the book to come out. We are the book.

It is a fantastic place to hang out!!

Thanks to everyone that has helped me in the past.

The shop is all but done, just needs the overhead door and then I won't have any excuse not to do something with my car at which time I'll need lots and lots of support which I know without out a doubt is just waist deep around here.

...And what a magnificent shop it is Cory! (I've been watching its progress through your other venues as well ;-) Now with all you said - May I (now) go ahead & arrange shipment of a car or two??
;-))

hookedtrout

...And what a magnificent shop it is Cory! (I've been watching its progress through your other venues as well ;-) Now with all you said - May I (now) go ahead & arrange shipment of a car or two??
;-))

Plenty of room, get them on the carrier and I'll be awaiting shipment. I'll make sure and take them out for a walk on occassion as long as the sun is out and the snow is gone.