• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Overdue Project update

bassman2

This forum has helped me more times than I can recall. Searching for info, seeing pictures, and getting inspiration. I'm over due for a project update and maybe someday, I'll be able to give back some of the help / advice that I've received here and on other vintage places.

I started my 68 C code project 3 years ago. As with all of my hobbies I rotate seasonally - so, It's been a lot slower than I originally expected.

I've got two 68 CS cars - and this one is the experimental car. It's not concourse and I'm going to drive it.

I had it on a rotisserie for over a year...
IMG_0354.jpg

I finally got motivated and took it off the rotisserie and dropped the rebuilt engine in! I put the car on my lift and started slowing bolting stuff back on!
IMG_1140.jpg

I replaced the entire suspension system. Installed a rebuilt 9" rear end. I did Power Brakes in the front, bigger drums in the back. I put in a Borgeson power steering system, An Ididit Column, and a shelby style wheel. I painted the exposed dash areas the correct interior Charcoal Black. Then I lined the inside of the cab with Eastwood dynamat knockoff liner.

IMG_1190.jpg

In the last 2 weeks I've installed the new gas tank and hooked up all the various lines for for everything. I got the radiator installed, the transmission cooler in and lines run. I've cleaned and painted the wiper gears & motor, the washer pump mechanism, and the parking brake mechanism. If I have to re-use a nut or bolt, it gets scrubbed, painted etc...

And now I've got half of my Painless wiring kit installed / run

IMG_1156.jpg

I feel like I'm making a lot of progress...even though I have to do most things twice to get them done right. My goal is to get the car mechanically drivable so I can take it to get the final bodywork and paint completed. I'm simply NOT going to do that part myself!

rvrtrash

It's looking real good! Tell me about your rotisserie. Did you get it "locally"? I need one.

Steve

somethingspecial

That is looking AWSOM!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the finished product. Keep up the great work.

Ruppstang

Looking good. If you keep this pace it will be done before you know it.

OP
OP
B

bassman2

Thanks for the encouragement. I know I'm violating one of the tenants of collectable cars by not keeping things stock - I am though saving the stock parts for the future.

I ordered my rotisserie from these guys...http://www.accessiblesystems.com/bul/bul.php

I think mine is the 1500lb rated version. It's very stout and could probably handle much more.