• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Air Conditioning

darb

I know I've been asking a lot of questions lately, but I'm down that final stretch of getting all the final components working.

I got the vacuum schematics from another member - I was very pleased, and got it all hooked up except for one hose - it is labeled as going from the vacuum switch on the heater plenium to the HOT WATER VACUUM VALVE - I have no clue as to where this is in the vehicle, it said (Engine Comp.) - if anyone can describe the location, or take a picture, or just give me a little insight - that would be great!

Also - I'm bolting in the condensor, and finding it doesn't want to line up right. Does anyone have a picture? I'm following the shop manual but...we all know how THAT goes!

-Brad
(I appreciate ALL of the help you all have been giving me lately)

Jayscal

Hey Brad,
Here is a picture, of the heater valve. It is located to the right of the passenger side hood spring. The valve on my car is a replacement type, the original type had the vacuum can on the top, and this is where the vacuum line plugged in. You can see the vacuum lines going into a hole through the firewall. The other hose that is next to it goes to the vacuum can that is mounted in the fenderwell.

Can't help with condenser, cause mine was shot, and removed when I redid the engine compartment. The A/C resto for me will have to come at a later date.

Attachments

• heater_valve.jpg
    heater_valve.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
D

darb

Thank you very much for this - I guess that when they removed the lines from the vehicle, they decided to remove that as well - I found one online for about 21.95 - there all over the mustang repro websites for that price, so I'm going to go ahead and pick one up!

Thanks for the picture, without it I wouldn't have known what I was missing!

Thanks a deal,
Brad

Jayscal

Its hard to see from the angle of the picture, but there is a plate from the valve that screws to the firewall. If you look closely on your car you will see the holes on the firewall. You may want to order the prebent short hose that goes from the heater valve to the heater core ( I believe this to be special for A/C cars only ). I don't know many auto stores that stock this hose anymore.

OP
OP
D

darb

I went ahead and purchased the valve, and the hose - thanks for letting me know! You have cleared up all of my confusion on this issue, soon as I get this hooked up I suppose the moment of truth comes...does it work?

Brad