• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

third brake light

69convert

I saw somewhere that someone is making a replacement package tray
with "the third brake light" added. Since I have had two cars totalled by people wanting to see how close they could get without stopping, I am a little sensitive to this problem. Based on the statistics how many rear-endings are prevented by the third light, I would like to make this addition
to my car. I would hate for someone to send it to the junkyard.
Does anyone know who is making these package trays?

OP
OP

69convert

that is ugly

those speakers are a definite distraction.
maybe I will try to get a brake light housing from a junkyard and DIY.

PFSlim

I have not ever heard of someone doing this. If you decide to move forward, can you post a picture so the rest of us can see what it looks like??

Paul

P

PNewitt

I think that if you wanted to do this, here is a good one to use:

http://www.tperformance.com/street_rod_store/lighting/third_brake_light/

This is a billet version, and it's meant for street rods. I think it's a very attractive one to use for our Mustangs (too bad it doesn't look like a small T-bird taillight; that'd be cool! (Scott Drake, ya listening?)).

Being that it's LED lights, it will use low amperage, so it shouldn't be a "drain" on the taillight harness power to our six stock bulbs in the back.

I'll include this in the book.

Paul N.