• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 shifter plate

meadowsdk28

Well, I've never tried this source so let's give it a shot. I'm looking (have been for 6 years) for a manual shifter plate for a 68 console. What I have found is guys will hit the shows on Friday (real early) and buy them up and then install them in an automatic console and get significantly more money for the console. Great Idea. I, too have an automatic console. There is a slight mod that you have to make for the plate to fit, but almost anyone can do it. I, on the other hand, have a manual transmission and really like the look of the console. I've tried ebay and many avenues. They just don't seem to exist. DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE THEY WOULD PART WITH FOR UNDER ABOUT $100.

While I'm at it, why doesn't any of the reproduction companies make this item? They do for the 65-66's and the 69-70's. I just don't get it. Maybe someone knows.