• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 High Country Special $$$???

OP
OP

1968 HCS

Marti report /panned out to be a clone.

I've trying to upload the Marti Report but the file is too big 1700 X 2338.
Any suggestion on how to make it smaller so it fits within the size of 1000 X 1000 to fit on this site.
The report stated that this car was one of 8067 with a Black-out hood treatment. What is this option and does anyone have a picture of it?

The following is the Marti report (5012):
VIN: 8R01C116613

16,613th Ford vehicle produced at San Jose

65B Mustang Hardtop
D5 Acapulco Blue, Ford #3077-A
with black out hood treatment
(6B) Blue Decor Bucket Seats
(15M ) Scheduled for build Dec. 15, 1967
(51) Denver District
(2) 2.79 Rear axle
(W) C-4 Cruise o matic

Dealer:
Hoover Motors Inc
2985 Federal Blvd
Denver Co, 80211

Options: Black out hood treatment
White Paint Stripe
C-4 transmission
Console
Power disc brakes
Power steering
Am/8 track radio
Interior Decor group
Deluxe belts
Front seat Headrests
Wire Wheel covers
Car was actually produced on 12/12/1967 (3) days ahead of schedule
Sold on 4/20/68

19886 with this paint code
390 with this paint/trim codes
114,972 with ths eng/trans codes
3193 Ordered from this DSO
8067 With Black Out Hood Treatment
Signed by Kevin Marti

Thanks again for the help in obtaining information about this Mustang.

I'm not sure if I will sell due to the disappointment but if anyone is interested please contact me
at e mail 327smblk@optonline.net.
The car is located in New York
email: 327smblk@optonline.net

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
OP
OP

1968 HCS

It panned out to be a closed 1968 HCS Marti Report

More pictures

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
OP
OP

1968 HCS

more pictures

More pictures

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 23
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP

1968 HCS

More pictures with photo of Marti Report

Pictures / Marti report

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 060.JPG
    060.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 059.JPG
    059.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP

1968 HCS

Black Out Treatment

Mosesatm,
Thanks for the picture. My Mustang seems to still have the black out stripes over the vent outlets. I was wondering if some past owner painted them to match Chevy Ralley stripes. Thanks again for the answer to my question.

Happy Holidays
Joe

Last edited:

miller511

Joe,

Bummer that the HCS turned out to be a clone. Like you said, owner number two went more than a bit of effort to make it look like an HCS. And perhaps sold it to the next guy without fully disclosing what he was selling. For a bunch of us here, knowing the build date you mentioned was an indicator that it was not authentic.
Like Arlie said, "it's a nicely optioned car." I'm sure someone, if not you, could restore back to original...or bring it back to a nice interpretation (clone) of an authentic HCS. looks like it's mostly all there.

-Jeff

robert campbell

Joe,
Can you tell if the fiberglass parts are reproduction or original Ford? We can help with this. If this stuff is original Ford stuff it is worth some bucks. Not sure what you paid for the car, but if done nicely and not mis-represented it still has value. Just a thought.

Rob

Stathy

Hmmmnn...
Deluxe interior, blacked out hood treatment. center and roof console, clock,
AM and 8-track and power Discs! Wait, I forgot, even rarer are your headrests.
I don't know what you paid but this stang was optioned VERY well.
I wish mine had those options :(

Stathy

BroadwayBlue

Hi Joe,

Sorry to hear the car turned out to be a clone, but as everyone mentioned it is nicely optioned and could have some potential to be restored as an HCS or CS clone (hopefully represented as such) or as a regular coupe.

I see what you mean about the stripes on the trunk. It looks like the Mustang emblem was mounted too high. It should be a little lower so the stripes run above it.

The pictures of your neighborhood look a lot like the one in Franklin Square where I bought my first CS.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Lot's of help available here either way you decide to go.

rdysart

Hello, if you decide to sell your 68 clone I might be interested in the car. Just let me know or send me your number and I will give you a call. Thanks a bunch and have a great weekend.

Rick D.

OP
OP

1968 HCS

1968 HCS Cloned: Marti Report

Thanks to the Admistrator for the help in correcting the downloadable size of the Marti Report. It worked!!!

To all: Please view and give your feedback.

Thanks again,
Joe

Attachments

• Marti Report 1968 Mustang 001.jpg
    Marti Report 1968 Mustang 001.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 43

rvrtrash

The car does have some nice options. As for feedback, you'll have to decide for yourself what you want. Do you feel you paid too much for a clone or are you happy with what you got? If the second owner is willing to buy the car for what you paid or more, and you would rather have an original one, I'd sell it to him. If you think you got a good deal and don't care if it's a clone or not, keep it and fix it up. Only you can say what will make you happy. We'll support you either way, but it's your call.

Steve

BroadwayBlue

Just an interesting observation and not accusing anyone but...

It is an interesting coincidence that someone made an HCS clone because they liked the looks on a car that just happened to be sold originally in Denver, Colorado.

Could make a clone very believable if you're not aware of the CS/HCS timeline.

Of course the person might live in Colorado for all I know

miller511

And what if....the build date had been in the right range?

Just an interesting observation and not accusing anyone but...

It is an interesting coincidence that someone made an HCS clone because they liked the looks on a car that just happened to be sold originally in Denver, Colorado.

Could make a clone very believable if you're not aware of the CS/HCS timeline.

Of course the person might live in Colorado for all I know

Rich/all,

I'd noticed that, too...the Denver DSO.
So, what if the build date HAD been within the correct range for this HCS? Without the Marti report, the prospective buyer would never really know if it was a real HCS or not.

-Jeff

BroadwayBlue

Rich/all,

I'd noticed that, too...the Denver DSO.
So, what if the build date HAD been within the correct range for this HCS? Without the Marti report, the prospective buyer would never really know if it was a real HCS or not.

-Jeff

Hope I wasn't out of line in posting that but was just something I observed. Again - not accusing anyone.

The sold date was in the range though.

It just goes to show, as we always say, about how important a Marti Report is as part of the authentication.

OP
OP

1968 HCS

1968 HCS/Mustang clone /Considering selling.

After speaking with the second owner that's exactly what I was feeling. His intention was to clone it to a HSC. The (51) DSO matched perfect. The owner I purchased it from was told from the previous owner that it was a real HSC He never checked it out. I actually spoke with the previous owner last night. He was so upset that he was even burnt and passed on to me without knowing it was cloned. Oh well. Truthfully I think may sell it. But only to a good home of a Mustang lover. Someone who's willing to restore it. It does make a great looking cloned HCS. I have a 1969 Ford Torino GT fastback that I've been working on for a few years. So my attention and money will be directed towards this project. Plus the Wife isn't crazy for all the car covers in the neighborhood & the neighbors are worried about their street getting snow plowed this Winter.
So if anyone would consider purchasing this treasure please contact me at 516 860 7771 or at
327smblk@optonline.net
Please leave me a message if I don't answer right away.
I may even set up an E bay ad in the next week to sell the Mustang before the New Year begins.

As for contacting the 2nd owner, I'm not sure I want to give him the chance at it again. Someone else could enjoy it. Call me crazy for not reuniting it with him but I feel he passed it off as a real HCS and never even mentioned it was a clone. So now (3) owners going forward (including myself) were lead on to believe this ulimate find in the Mustang World.

Thank you again for your time and patience with me. I've learned alot with this forum and this really cool C/S site. Now I know not to p/u a Ford without checking the numbers. Luckily I purchased the Torino GT from the Original owner. This is a matching numbers car with a 351 Windsor and C4 tranny. It's a bench seat/ column shift with a Medium Brown Metalliac dash pad. This I was told is super rare color combo. The ride is great and accelaration is even better.
Happy Holidays to everyone.
Thanks again.

Attachments

• 1969 GT 001.jpg
    1969 GT 001.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 1969 Torino GT 351 W 001.jpg
    1969 Torino GT 351 W 001.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited: