• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2003 Ford National Show at Carlisle

RacingFan

;D

Just a quick report of the great turnout we had at the Carlisle show. We had a total of 4 GTCS's at one time or another, and a great turn out of at least 7 different owners to chat with! We swapped stories, talked and walked around each of the cars, and shared some fantastic knowledge between the group. Maybe next year we can plan on a larger group, but we certainly had a blast with the folks willing to put up with the rain and bad weather. You will also be glad to know that this humble GTCS owner managed to garner 2nd place in the 1968 Mustang Class! I was proud to carry the flag for this website....this time...lol. But we need help! I have attached a picture of most of the gang at the show, and have provided Jon a larger email with pics of the whole show and the cars (California Specials of course) that were there. Lots of talk about forming a club recently, and I would love to help. What does everyone think? Tony has the rose, but needs some feedback. Let us know what you think! Thanks to all that attended, and can't wait to get together again!

Attachments

• The_Crew_plus_Racing_Fan_Dave_in_the_hat.JPG
    The_Crew_plus_Racing_Fan_Dave_in_the_hat.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
R

RacingFan

;) Just a quick shot of my GTCS waiting in line to go through the grandstand to get my plaque. In the front seat is my wonderful, understanding wife without whose patience I would have to grow up and not play with toys...albiet more expensive by the year...lol.

:)

Attachments

• Daves_trip_to_the_winners_circle.JPG
    Daves_trip_to_the_winners_circle.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 27

rjw

Three of my fellow Mustang Club members went and said it was an absolute blast! Count me in for next year's "get together" as I will start making plans now!
Richard

OP
OP
R

RacingFan

Joannie had told me that there was one on Friday, green with a manual tranny. His asking price was $10,500. I didn't see the car, and he didn't come back on Saturday/Sunday probably because of the weather.

stangchick

I had a great time chatting at Carlisle with the other owners. We are fair weather GT/CS drivers and Carlisle is a bit far for us to drive our car. But maybe next year.

I think a club is a great idea and would be more than happy to help out in any way possible. My current mustang club is lacking and I am considering changing clubs.

There was 1 car for sale. I saw it on Sunday and it was marked down to $9500. It was a 3-speed and Hunter Green with white stripes. It needed some work, more than our car needed and we paid less.

I had a good time and hope that eventually we can find another show we all can try and make it too.

Rachael

[quote author=stangchick link=board=1;threadid=413;start=0#msg2313 date=1054863500]
I had a great time chatting at Carlisle with the other owners. We are fair weather GT/CS drivers and Carlisle is a bit far for us to drive our car. But maybe next year.

I think a club is a great idea and would be more than happy to help out in any way possible. My current mustang club is lacking and I am considering changing clubs.

There was 1 car for sale. I saw it on Sunday and it was marked down to $9500. It was a 3-speed and Hunter Green with white stripes. It needed some work, more than our car needed and we paid less.

I had a good time and hope that eventually we can find another show we all can try and make it too.

Rachael
[/quote]

The Carlisle Ford show was very nice on friday with good weather. Saturday and sunday I was not able to make it, but I heard with a couple phone calls that it was really nice on sunday. Much like was said, I hope that next year will have a larger turn out of GTCS's and HCS's.
I will be there next year for all 3 days!
There was a GTCS there for sale, it was Highland green with the white stripes, a 302 and a rare 4 speed. The strange thing is that the guy is from my area in Maryland, though he never really took the car out much. It stayed in his garage. However, I will keep an eye out for his car and attempt to find out what happened to it.
As for the GTCS - HCS club. Lets make it happen!
Thanks Rachael for the logo's