• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Gear Shift Lever Removal

Gregpet

I am attempting to replace the Control Selector Dial Seal on my CS and I need to remove the Gear Shift Lever to get to it. The only problem is that I can't find an allen head driver that will fit the screw holding the Gear Shift Lever in place.

Has anyone recently removed their Gear Shift? Does anyone know the right size? My .050 is too small and my 1/16 is too big...It seems to be a tweener!

Thanks as always,
Greg

gtcs1

I am attempting to replace the Control Selector Dial Seal on my CS and I need to remove the Gear Shift Lever to get to it. The only problem is that I can't find an allen head driver that will fit the screw holding the Gear Shift Lever in place.

Has anyone recently removed their Gear Shift? Does anyone know the right size? My .050 is too small and my 1/16 is too big...It seems to be a tweener!

Thanks as always,
Greg

Hi Greg,

Mine works well with a 3/32 size allen key.