• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS dash badging

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
limelyt

limelyt

Gary,

The badges arrived Friday and look great. Thanks for making these!

Quick question: What is the best glue for the steering wheel badge? I'm thinking something like ShoeGoo to bond the resin to the rubber insert.

Right now, I'm considering ordering a new passenger dash insert and carefully removing the built-in emblem and attaching the new CS in that space. I'll send pics when done.

-Nate

ShoeGoo might work, we used JB weld and it has been there for 14 years now

wallace

GT/CS Dash Badging

Decided to put my badge here on my Ivy Gold Standard Interior. What do you think?

Thanks,

Wally

Attachments

• IMG_2359.jpg
    IMG_2359.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 58

CaliStang68

Hey Wallace did you buy that steering wheel center insert from the West Coast Cougar?

Rick

wallace

West Coast Classic Cougar

Yes, West Coast Classic Cougar. They are great! Wally

NosAvrenim

West Coast Classic Cougar has used Cougar pads that are the correct shape.

Yep, I ordered one (and replacement bezel and horn ring -- the originals were showing their age). Amazingly they had a black one in outstanding condition with just minor shrinkage over 50+ years.

Everything has arrived and I'm just trying to find time for the final install.

-Nate

wallace

3M Double sided sheets

I used 3M double sided adhesive sheets cut to size to fix my badges to the horn pad and dash piece.

Worked great! It is not coming off easily.

Best, Wally

dr1v3n

I just installed mine today.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 7B1586D6-2918-47DD-8E3D-9A81708D7936.jpg
    7B1586D6-2918-47DD-8E3D-9A81708D7936.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 63

1968Cally

Remember me? I contacted you, I guess in July as I had not received the dash badge I ordered in early June. I had given up on it by August. Well, guess what showed up on my mailbox today? Postmarked in Calgary on 6/10/2020. Package was in fine shape as well as the badge. Not sure which side of the border was the hold up was. We'll say it was the US side and blame it on Trump.:grin:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sorry but the original mold gave out. I guess it was to old and could not keep up. Thanks to everyone that ordered one. Sorry but we cannot make anymore.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully most people got one while they were available. I'm closing this thread so people don't think they're still available.

Thanks for your efforts in getting them done.

Status
Not open for further replies.