• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Door panel and rocker trim removal

Forsche

One thing I need to do on the CS is replace the window felts to avoid further scratching of the windows. Worried that I'll damage the door panels when I remove them to install the felts. Is this a difficult project? Is there much risk to damaging the panels or the connectors?

Also wondering how hard it is to remove the chrome rocker moldings. I'd like to the tim off the clean, check for rust behind them and then reinstall. Worried about snapping the clips.

Thanks.

Steve

dalorzo_f

For the door panels I use a plastic putty knife. Just carefully work it behind, and get real near the clips and gently pry them out. Too far away and they can rip out. Some use a screwdriver, metal putty knife or there is a "proper" tool, a "Y" shaped putty knife.

http://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mustang_tool_door_panel_removal-122243-6380.html

For the molding it clips on, a lift-and-pull-back-on-the-top usually gets it. Be sure to remove the nuts at the front, studs hold the trim on to the fender. Good place to start, work back from there once that is loose. Pulled many, never snapped a clip as it just barley lips over the edge on OEM.

OP
OP
F

Forsche

For the door panels I use a plastic putty knife. Just carefully work it behind, and get real near the clips and gently pry them out. Too far away and they can rip out. Some use a screwdriver, metal putty knife or there is a "proper" tool, a "Y" shaped putty knife.

http://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mustang_tool_door_panel_removal-122243-6380.html

For the molding it clips on, a lift-and-pull-back-on-the-top usually gets it. Be sure to remove the nuts at the front, studs hold the trim on to the fender. Good place to start, work back from there once that is loose. Pulled many, never snapped a clip as it just barley lips over the edge on OEM.

Thanks for the quick reply and good information. I think I'll start with the rocker moulding.

Steve