• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Fender Apron (Driver Side) Need Part and Help

njmop

I just bought a driver's side fender apron, a passenger's side apron and radiator support. The passenger side is fair quality, with all of the fender mounting holes and radiator mount holes pre-cut on top. The same vendor sent a driver side with no mounting holes on top. Is there a repop that has the holes already popped out? I don't really want to hack this one up and not have it not look decent. I suppose I could use a cutting wheel or dremmel tool, but the apron was about $20 and I’d rather spend another $XX? to get one with holes in it than waste time and effort on potentially lousy looking cuts.

Does anyone have one for sale or know of vendor with a better part? I cut my original front clip off because it was very damaged and poorly repaired by the previous owner. With the hood down, you'd never know but "I'd know" and now I am wondering if I should have left well-enough alone. My spot welding skills need to be improved greatly just to make this happen, but that is still down the road...

I don’t need a $250 NOS part here (although I’d pay a more down to earth price), but something more “correct” from the start.

Thanks all.

Mike

See pic? I now realize "no holes".

Attachments

• no holes.JPG
    no holes.JPG
    2.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

gazrox

I got mine from NPD and they fit just fine, the holes even lined up pretty decently. A word of caution though, the notches in the top of the apron are nothing like the originals so you can either cut and splice the originals in, or make them match with some bashing.

Try and get the Canadian made ones, they are cheaper than the imports (Taiwanese), and I found they had less "ripples" in the metal.