• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for Suburban Ford Frames

somethingspecial

I am looking for a pair, or one of the metal "Suburban Ford" license plate frames. It says "The Big Ford Store" on top, and "Suburban Ford" on the bottom. If you swap meet people can look for me, I will pay what ever it cost. Within reason that is. I will gladly pay up to $100.00 for a mint set.
Please let me know. Suburban Ford was located in Sacramento, Ca. It is now Future Ford. Thanks, Mike

miller511

Mike,

Did you contact Future Ford Service Dept.? Not sure how long ago it changed names. Maybe the Parts guys have some old frames laying around. Or they can maybe ask when people with the old Suburban Ford frames come in for service if they want new Future Ford frames...might be a lot to ask of them. But maybe if you make it worth their while?

-Jeff

J_Speegle

Should be possible. I'm assuming that you want the cast ones not the decal/insert style. Did realize that that dealership was around that long.

While we are at it (those in the South state) I could really use some Dana Chevrolet (yes I know ;) lic plate frames also, will say Long Beach on them also

Diesel Donna

miller511 said:
Mike,

Did you contact Future Ford Service Dept.? Not sure how long ago it changed names. Maybe the Parts guys have some old frames laying around. Or they can maybe ask when people with the old Suburban Ford frames come in for service if they want new Future Ford frames...might be a lot to ask of them. But maybe if you make it worth their while?

-Jeff

Or maybe if he showed up in uniform? :grin:

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Yes, I did check with the service dept. some time back. The guys were really nice, but told me everything that was Suburban Ford went into the trash. Nothing left. I even checked with the sales manager checking on sales records, and she told me they only save records for FIVE years max, and dump anything older. SOOOOOOOO, I am back to square one. Thanks for the tips folks. I even check wrecking yards for older cars with frames. Yes, I do want the cast frames. Thanks. Mike

miller511

Hey Mike,

I was up near your neck o' the woods in Lincoln visiting my Dad today. We were at Home Depot and I spied a Suburban Ford license plate frame on a car in the parking lot. A "bad" thought popped into my head...but I didn't have a screwdriver on me ;-)
It wasn't the right type anyway...it was the plastic type frame.

Of course I'm just kidding. I would never do something like that!!!

I could see how the exchange with Mike would go- "Hey, Jeff. Thanks for the frame. Now turn around and put your hands behind your back. You're under arrest. (Miranda rights follow....)"

-Jeff

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

I Don't know Jeff, I quess that would depend on how mint the frames were. I might just say thanks for turning in the found property, or tell you to put the frames on the ground at your feet and take three steps back, RUN. LOL.
NO, Don't EVER do that. It isn't worth it. Thanks for the thought though.
I'll keep looking. Mike
ps. I had to laugh out load though.

Midnight Special

somethingspecial said:
I Don't know Jeff, I quess that would depend on how mint the frames were. I might just say thanks for turning in the found property, or tell you to put the frames on the ground at your feet and take three steps back, RUN. LOL.

...Mike does that to me all the time! 'Says he can demand I open the trunk or raise the hood and perform random searches if he can show "Probable Cause"...

Fortunately for me; his "PC" usually applies to investigation of how a latch is mounted, what type of screws.., do I have the correct taillight wiring etc...
The "Miranda" only applies when he asks if my California smog system is functional....

Diesel Donna

Midnight Special said:
...Mike does that to me all the time! 'Says he can demand I open the trunk or raise the hood and perform random searches if he can show "Probable Cause"...

My brother does that to me all the time too! He just made a "magazine cover"
with a picture of him standing next to his cruiser looking mean and some phony headlines...name of the "magazine" was "AMERICAN COPPER". I gotta watch him all the time. :::::::::::::shaking head:::::::::::

Midnight Special

Diesel Donna said:
My brother does that to me all the time too! He just made a "magazine cover"
with a picture of him standing next to his cruiser looking mean and some phony headlines...name of the "magazine" was "AMERICAN COPPER". I gotta watch him all the time. :::::::::::::shaking head:::::::::::

...Now there's an idea...

Attachments

• magcover.jpg
    magcover.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 39

Diesel Donna

OH MY GAWD!! I don't get online for a day and see what happens???? Hahahaaaa! Laffin' my butt off here! Tim you kill me.:grin:

Midnight Special

Diesel Donna said:
OH MY GAWD!! I don't get online for a day and see what happens???? Hahahaaaa! Laffin' my butt off here! Tim you kill me.:grin:

I was really hoping you would like that DD! ;-) You made it easy with telling what your brother did. ...I couldn't resist :)))