• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. I found the original owner of my HCS

mustanggirl

When we got our 66 HCS there was 2 holes on the rear tail light panel where the dealer tag should have been. The car had been at recently sold in Aurora, CO and had been bounced between 2 different people before we bought it. With highcountrybob's help we found the name of the lady in Aurora who had owned the car. I contacted her and she did not remember if the tag was there when they bought the car from the original owner. After we got the car home and started to clean it out we found a insurance card from 1986 with name and address of a man who lived in Denver. After looking in the phone book we found a person with the same last name at the address. Today, I called the number and talked to a lady named Rae and asked if she knew anything about the car. It turns out that Rae is over 90 years old and she said that she was the one who bought the car back in 66 from O'Meara Ford. She was also able to give me some history on the vehicle.

I was wondering if any one else had any similar stories or know what dealer there car is from?

Last edited:

Scott

Hey that is cool!

Not the same but sort of similar...

I bought a 75 XB Coupe (Aussie muscle car - famously mad max's last of the V8 interceptors) from a little old lady who was the first owner and ordered it with some weird and wonderful options.

Over the next year's ownership I got to meet the best man at her wedding, most of her family and several friends that she hadn't seen in years while driver her car around Australia.

I often wonder how many times the current owner gets stopped to be told, "You're not Shirley! What do you think you're doing with Shirley's car!?"

Attachments

• shirleys car.jpg
    shirleys car.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 58

Colorado Christlieb

Mustanggirl,
Great story! I wonder if that lady had any photos of your car from the time that she owned it. I posted some photos of ours in the photo gallery. Not sure if you've seen them though.
I run out to Grand Junction and Meeker, Colorado about once a year. I'll have to stop by and see yours sometime. --Jeff

Ruppstang

When we got our 66 HCS there was 2 holes on the rear tail light panel where the dealer tag should have been. The car had been at recently sold in Aurora, CO and had been bounced between 2 different people before we bought it. With highcountrybob's help we found the name of the lady in Aurora who had owned the car. I contacted her and she did not remember if the tag was there when they bought the car from the original owner. After we got the car home and started to clean it out we found a insurance card from 1986 with name and address of a man who lived in Denver. After looking in the phone book we found a person with the same last name at the address. Today, I called the number and talked to a lady named Rae and asked if she knew anything about the car. It turns out that Rae is over 90 years old and she said that she was the one who bought the car back in 66 from O'Meara Ford. She was also able to give me some history on the vehicle.

I was wondering if any one else had any similar stories or know what dealer there car is from?

Our 68 HCS was sold at WM Goodrd Ford in Denver. Bob Teets was the second owner. We bought it in San Diego Ca. and brought it home to Nebraska. Marty

CougarCJ

I found the original owner of my 1969 Cougar.
It really pays to find these people sometimes.

Long story short, I had the original owners name from the original sales contract that was with the folder that came with my Cougar. An internet search turned up a Tommy G. in Oklahoma. Fortunately he still goes by 'Tommy'.

Had a good talk with Tommy, he had special ordered this Cougar soon after coming home from Vietnam. Biggest engine, 4 speed, he remembered a bunch of the specifics of this car. Very cool. I casually mentioned that I found him because of the sales contract from Los Gatos Lincoln Mercury. I told him that I had the sales contract and the original window sticker (not the Eminger #2 copy, the #1 copy!:grin:). I said that it was too bad that someone lost the owners manual.
Tommy laughed, and said, I got it here in my book case, I'll send it to you.

He also sent me a couple of scans of vintage pictures of the Cougar.
Sonatwheel.jpg

Silverhoodstripe.jpg

Last edited:

66hcs-conv

We used to live south of Des Moines, Iowa, and while there, I bought a 65 coupe from a high school kid in Winterset, IA It was awful, the battery had tipped over and the fan blade hit it and splattered battery acid all over the engine compartment. The kid had tried to change the interior color to black & had sprayed 1/4 of the headliner black as well as the dash and instruments.

I worked on it for a long time, and got it just like it was when new.

I had it at a car show in Winterset about 10 years later & some guy comes up and ask's lots of questions about the car. I told him the history as much as I knew. The guy was the original owners brother.

About 1/2 hour later a lady comes up and we go thru the same questions.
Turns out, the lady is the original owner, and she was thrilled that I had returned the car to just like it was when she bought it. She invited me to her house and showed me pictures of the then new Mustang, with her 5 year old daughter washing the hub caps.

A couple of years later she ended up buying the car from me! So she bought the car twice. Compared to the original price, she probably paid twice as much for the second purchase.

Have fun, Dave

gazrox

Hey Scott,

Thats a nice XB Falcon, but I'm wondering about the EK Special handle for Ebay - you aren't a closet Holden GM guy are you? LOL

Gary

Scott

Holden vs Ford

BUSTED!

Okay I admit it was my first true (car) love but it was really my wife's

- see in the photo?

And now I'm over it and I'm well within The Blue Oval, all the way...

...other than the Datsun 240Z and Nissan GTR34.

Really hope you northerners are more tolerant than the Holden vs Ford boys down here!

Attachments

• sheila and sheep.jpg
    sheila and sheep.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 37
  • palisade.jpg
    palisade.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 36

gazrox

Scott,

sorry to do that to you mate, but I'm an ex West Aussie and couldn't resist!! Next time I'm in Sydney I'll buy you a beer!

Nothing wrong with the Nissan GTR - very cool car. My daily driver is Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V. Great car that leaves the mustang in the dust.

Rhonda, the Holden GM is Australia's icon vehicle manufacturer - Holden was bought out by General Motors back in the '40's I believe. Its become the Aussie version of Chev vs Ford.

Mustanglvr

Rhonda, the Holden GM is Australia's icon vehicle manufacturer - Holden was bought out by General Motors back in the '40's I believe. Its become the Aussie version of Chev vs Ford.

Thanks Gary, I had no idea.