• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 "Trunk Lid"

Duker

Hi everyone

Question from Canada. I have looked at pictures of the rear of many CS and I have noticed on the trunk lid a couple have nothing. Some had only the Mustang on the passenger side and I just saw one on e bay with the written California Special on the drivers side and the Mustang on the passenger side.

Can someone please tell me what is proper?

Cheers:grin:

Duker

68gt390

Hi everyone

Question from Canada. I have looked at pictures of the rear of many CS and I have noticed on the trunk lid a couple have nothing. Some had only the Mustang on the passenger side and I just saw one on e bay with the written California Special on the drivers side and the Mustang on the passenger side.

Can someone please tell me what is proper?

Cheers:grin:

Duker

Duker;
The only thing that should be on the trunk lid is the striping and the mustang script on the passenger side. See photo attached. Hope this helps. I saw the one you reference with the CS Script on the drivers side of the trunk and to me it looks out of place. That particular car also has the GT "C" stripe along with the CS stripe on the side. I have attached a photo of both my cars and you can see the difference in the striping on both cars.

Don :cool:

Attachments

• DPotter 5.JPG
    DPotter 5.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 68gt20.JPG
    68gt20.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 32

J_Speegle

Hi everyone

Please understand that not all of the cars you will see in magazines or on the web are restored back to original or may not even be real Calif Specials.

This forum is a good place to get the straight scoop about the details concerning these cars since the public presentation of questions allows for consent peer review.

gazrox

My CS had both "Mustang" and "California Special" scripts on the trunk lid at some stage of its life, but that will be fixed during the restoration.

A few weeks ago I spent lots of time looking through the galleries and convinced myself that my car was wrong - it was bothering the *&^%&% out of me as something didn't quite look right.

OP
OP
D

Duker

Thank you for the input.

I knew you would set me straight.:grin: To be honest I liked the CS in script on the trunk lid in the picture on e bay. Mine has the Mustang script only. I guess at the end of the day some owners add a piece of themselves to make their car unique but not "out too lunch" if you know what I mean.

I did that to all of my cars in my younger days when I think about it. Now I'm just happy to have my "Royal Maroon":wink: