• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 FantomWorks

robert campbell

Nothing is better than making a classic Ford be a "Demon Destroyer" with new Ford technology!

The first generation Mustang is around 3,000 pounds! She don't need 700 HP to put a licking on a 4,500 pound bloated whale in the quarter!

David Athans went low tens with a nitrous boosted 347! Love it!!

For heavens sake an EFI conversion?? What a great add on for a classic car to be more drivable!!

My 351 stroked to 460 is basically a born with engine! Now add a supercharger and YAAAAAAA BAAAABBBBEEE!!! That may be next!!

Rob

1968Cally

It is Season 8, episode 8. To be continued in episode 9.

Good example of why you need to thoroughly inspect a car or have it inspected.
When it rolled into the shop, it did not look too bad. But the amount of rust was extensive. A ton of work and $$ just to get the body right.

IMHO, you do not put a Coyote engine in a rare car along with all the changes to make it happen. Just do it to a regular Mustang. But, to each his own.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I wonder if these guys are really that inept or if it’s all for TV.
They also spent over two years on the car.
This photo pretty well says it all.

Attachments

• C52A1080-07B9-41CE-BD66-B3AF6EA2129F.jpg
    C52A1080-07B9-41CE-BD66-B3AF6EA2129F.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 60

CougarCJ

I hope that the seller gets a good price for it.
The fog lights and hood twist locks look like they could be changed back to stock? Would sure help make it look more like a proper 1968 GT/CS.
I like the console, and deluxe door panel inserts without the deluxe bottom section.

I wonder if it being a real GT/CS will bump the price over a like-kind-quality 1968 modified Mustang coupe? What do you all think?

1968Cally

I hope that the seller gets a good price for it.
The fog lights and hood twist locks look like they could be changed back to stock? Would sure help make it look more like a proper 1968 GT/CS.
I like the console, and deluxe door panel inserts without the deluxe bottom section.

I wonder if it being a real GT/CS will bump the price over a like-kind-quality 1968 modified Mustang coupe? What do you all think?
I doubt it being a real GT/CS will have much if any influence. If you are going to build a car like this, start with a regular solid regular coupe. I hate to see a fairly rare car being modified that much.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Car sold for $65,000. That’s $71,500 to the buyer, and $58,500 to the seller.