• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 j Code Smog / Thermactor System

Teke

Hi

I'm working on a 68 J code 4 sped car. I have most of the pieces needed to complete this system. I am looking for the following:

- photos / part numbers / engineering numbers for the 3 hoses that connect up this system. They are the hoses that exit the backfire cannister and go to the pump, driver side backflow valve and passenger back flow valve.

- Also want to know...did these three hoses have stripes date codes and part numbers on them like the hoses for the big block cars?

Thanks

Kevin

@Holmes

I will try to answer
1. Hoses
* RH C8OZ9B466-A marked as C8OE-9B466-E (12.48" long)
* LH C8AZ-9B466-D marked as C8OE-9C433-C (28.87" long)
* Diverter C8OE9F287-A (5" long) Book shows that this is cut from a C7AZ-9B466-A
2. Yes, they were marked.
I would recomend that you go to the local auto parts and find two hoses with a 90% near the end and cut to fit. Also look for a hose with a S in it and cut to fit the diverter valve. Drive the car and resolve all the other issues before spending big $$$$ on these hoses to enter your car in the trailer queen class. Otherwise just enjoy it!

OP
OP
T

Teke

I will try to answer
1. Hoses
* RH C8OZ9B466-A marked as C8OE-9B466-E (12.48" long)
* LH C8AZ-9B466-D marked as C8OE-9C433-C (28.87" long)
* Diverter C8OE9F287-A (5" long) Book shows that this is cut from a C7AZ-9B466-A
2. Yes, they were marked.
I would recomend that you go to the local auto parts and find two hoses with a 90% near the end and cut to fit. Also look for a hose with a S in it and cut to fit the diverter valve. Drive the car and resolve all the other issues before spending big $$$$ on these hoses to enter your car in the trailer queen class. Otherwise just enjoy it!

Thank you for the information....