• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Shelby Factory/Museum North Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PNewitt

Hi Sharon,

Sorry you had to wade through our dogfight here...

I'll certainly give you a call ASAP, and I really do appreciate your finding me, and getting back to me here.

I think this will work out great, since I know that a lot of both the early and late model CS owners will appreciate knowing how to find Shelby parts for their cars.

Thanks again,

Paul Newitt

clubpro

Paul,

I received two Shelby parts catalogs from Gary Patterson today. I will be sending one to you tomorrow. As I mentioned before Gary is a first class guy. If anyone is going to Vegas you have to put a tour of the Shelby facility on your must do list and the second item on the list is be sure to meet Gary Patterson.

Cheers,

Ron

P

PNewitt

Hi Ron,

Awesome!

Thank you for sending me a catalog.

I just saw some Shelby click type Hood pins on a black '07 CS with a ram air KR hood yesterday. Pretty nice stuff!!

As always, I appreciate your help,

Paul.

P

PNewitt

I had a good conversation with Sharon about Team Shelby, and as it turns out, that club is for Shelbys only, not the GT/CS. Too bad, since the GT/CS was accepted in the 1996 SAAC World Registry (and the upcoming edition), since the CS was designed by Shelby Automotive. Perhaps TS is only interested in the late model Shelbys. The ongoing lawsuit between SAAC and Shelby may have something to do about this decision--I just don't know.

I will be sending a copy of my book to Sharon for the TS "archives", so they are more aware of the GT/CS Legacy.

I did get the Shelby Parts catalog, Ron. Thank you so very much for sending me a copy. Ron is a such good guy...

Parts of this thread got waay off track, and some of you want to ignore the fighting. Fine. But you'll have to endure my words if my personal character is attacked. For what it's worth, this fiasco has affected others here as well in it's trickle down effect. I have friends that run other registries, and they have had the same problem with one or more "yahoos' that get all territorial jealous and confrontive.

I am the only one that can make claim to "being sick of this crap". Sideliners don't know the whole story--and I'm not about to get into it. But let me make this crystal clear: I won't stand for anyone attacking my personal character ever again on these threads. If I've made a mistake, or misjudgement--or hurt anyone--I will be the first to apologize quickly and sincerely. I've sucessfully flamed folks back in the 90's in AOL chatrooms, and I can be relentless if I have to be. I would do the same for anyone else here, step up to the plate if needed, and defend anyone who has been attacked like I have. It's a question of character--and people who want to undermine my authority that need to get a clue about the difference between strong character and pride--versus ego. I'm not here for my ego. I'm here to share information, and enjoy friendships I've had along the way. Try spending a day in my shoes (as registrar) for a change instead of running away from seeing this confrontation.

...and BTW--I didn't have to, but I apologized to PonyGal via a PM, with no response.

PMN

Diesel Donna

Parts of this thread got waay off track, and some of you want to ignore the fighting. Fine. But you'll have to endure my words if my personal character is attacked. For what it's worth, this fiasco has affected others here as well in it's trickle down effect. I have friends that run other registries, and they have had the same problem with one or more "yahoos' that get all territorial jealous and confrontive.

I am the only one that can make claim to "being sick of this crap". Sideliners don't know the whole story--and I'm not about to get into it. But let me make this crystal clear: I won't stand for anyone attacking my personal character ever again on these threads. If I've made a mistake, or misjudgement--or hurt anyone--I will be the first to apologize quickly and sincerely. I've sucessfully flamed folks back in the 90's in AOL chatrooms, and I can be relentless if I have to be. I would do the same for anyone else here, step up to the plate if needed, and defend anyone who has been attacked like I have. It's a question of character--and people who want to undermine my authority that need to get a clue about the difference between strong character and pride--versus ego. I'm not here for my ego. I'm here to share information, and enjoy friendships I've had along the way. Try spending a day in my shoes (as registrar) for a change instead of running away from seeing this confrontation.

...and BTW--I didn't have to, but I apologized to PonyGal via a PM, with no response.

PMN

Oh REALLY Paul! So you think that YOU are the ONLY one who can make claim to "being sick of this crap". Really.
You sent me a PM asking me why I said that. I haven't answered you yet because I have better things to do than bicker on this site. I don't live here.
My jobs take up a lot of my time, nights, weekends and holidays. I have enough stress there, I didn't need it here too.
Now you have dragged me into your mess here by mocking my remark. You don't know me very well because if you did you would know that I don't take sides with ANYONE especially when I am a "sideliner" who doesn't know the whole story. I never had any beef with you or Tim nor would I ever take sides like grade school children with either one of you. It's not my business!
You even contradicted yourself in your PM to me! If I have a problem with someone I wouldn't expect anyone to come to my side, I can deal with it and I can hold my own. I consider myself to be easygoing and fun until I am pushed too far.
I have submitted a lot of cars to you over the years and I have purchased more books than I could afford, paid in full in advance, and donated money through the impromptu auction of an old decal to Joe. He didn't have to buy that decal after you announced that you would make new ones for a fraction of the price. A lot of people have already gone over the top to help you with the book.
I appreciate all the hard work and research you have put into the book but it is long long overdue as promised and you know it. I personally feel that the book would have been published and distributed by now if you hadn't decided to add on the new CS's. I also feel that they should have gone into a separate book, you may have made a bigger profit. But that's just my own opinion, what do I know? I love the new cars but I would have preferred a continuation from the first book, like a Part Two.
I never would have come forward and posted any of this had you not put it on the table like you did. I guess I am one of the persons who chose to "run away from seeing this confrontation" because I WASN'T INVOLVED IN IT!
I don't want anyone to side with me, support me or anything else here. When a cobra is provoked they strike back. So flame me.

Midnight Special

PN"...and BTW--I didn't have to, but I apologized to PonyGal via a PM, with no response."

...In all fairness to PonyGal who is out of town and away from her computer, you DID NOT PM her to apologize! You PMed her to try and get her to change her post to side with you! You dropped names of other members in 'Just ask" fashion and finished with;

"If I'm so bad then why did a bunch of Mustangers and Ford execs. give ME the Ioccoca Award................."

She then explained how you were personally rude to her at a gathering (for driving my clone) and told you she wanted NO dialog with you!

The rest of your crap just illustrates my point!
Because I didn't "fall to my knees" as a guy with four cars at the time after your rude introduction as the reason we were all "here" in the first place (such BS!) and the loud nitpicking afterward in front of family and friends (because I didn't gratify your ego) was only the beginning!

Without wasting any more time illustrating your back-door , wedge-driving pattern and sickening horde of support from good hearted people here - I'll only say; PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS and finish what you started!

...And quit accusing people who are actively doing what you could only DREAM of as competing with you!

Who's website is this anyway???

Boy, your right Newitt when you say some people aren't as they appear on message boards!
"flaming on AOL chatrooms"....
Now there's "character".....Give me a break!

Last edited:

Mosesatm

PN"...and BTW--I didn't have to, but I apologized to PonyGal via a PM, with no response."

...In all fairness to PonyGal who is out of town and away from her computer, you DID NOT PM her to apologize! You PMed her to try and get her to change her post to side with you! You dropped names of other members in 'Just ask" fashion and finished with;

"If I'm so bad then why did a bunch of Mustangers and Ford execs. give ME the Ioccoca Award................."

She then explained how you were personally rude to her at a gathering (for driving my clone) and told you she wanted NO dialog with you!

The rest of your crap just illustrates my point!
Because I didn't "fall to my knees" as a guy with four cars at the time after your rude introduction as the reason we were all "here" in the first place (such BS!) and the loud nitpicking afterward in front of family and friends (because I didn't gratify your ego) was only the beginning!

Without wasting any more time illustrating your back-door , wedge-driving pattern and sickening horde of support from good hearted people here - I'll only say; PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS and finish what you started!

...And quit accusing people who are actively doing what you could only DREAM of as competing with you!

Who's website is this anyway???

Boy, your right Newitt when you say some people aren't as they appear on message boards!
"flaming on AOL chatrooms"....
Now there's "character".....Give me a break!

Well said, Tim.

The weird part is that this whole thing was put to bed a week ago and we had moved onto other issues. It makes no sense for Paul to have stirred it up again.

Midnight Special

Well, the truth is Arlie, that I'm trying my darndest to stay off of here and quit sharing on this site all together as I've explained to a few others! I'm only finishing up some t-shirts. then I'm done! Newitt can "AOL" all the hell he wants after that!

But his trying to slant "PonyGal" whom I've known for nearly 20 years (and is as close to the "real deal" as one could be priviledged to meet) just sent me over the top!

I appologize to everyone for my part in this spectacle, but it's been "not right" for a long time.

We were not born the day we joined here - nor will our love, fellowship and pure enjoyment of the type end with leaving here! But for the sake of not wanting to be blamed for his "mis-givings" while not pretending to support the way he wants to "use" and "own" us is too much to go un-challenged (sometimes)...

You are ALL wonderful and accomplished people! You are also incredible individuals who should be permitted to do, speak, restore, organize and share without ANY so-called "authority"!

Newitt wants to do a book to honor you - Great!! But to borrow an analogy from any other car site: "talk is cheap - let's take it to the track!"

That's all I have been trying to say all along.......

franklinair

Holy smokers. I just read this thread today (Shelby's aren't my thing). I thought I was gonna read about the museum.
I think I'll just stay on this side of the Mississippi until the floods, mudslides, earthquakes, fires,....and squabbles have quieted down out west:scared:

Come on, folks. Life is too short to get your girdle in an uproar. Besides, I still like EVERYONE on this site I have met & communicated with.
If you need something to get upset about, go visit Walter Reed Hospital and visit with those young people (amputees) - I have. Or go to Africa and meet all those starving youngsters - I have. And we get upset due to "he said-she said"? Give me a break. Let's just all get along and enjoy our mutual interests.
Best wishes to all,

Neil

Diesel Donna

I agree Neil. I was trying to mind my own business til I got dragged into it for no reason. I'm done and going back to my corner. I apologize to those who had to witness this garbage. Talk about a thread gone wild.

P

PNewitt

Cute trick, Arlie....

I absolutely stand by what I said, and I've drawn the line in the sand.. I'm not going to be (IMO)

harassed by tim or anyone else, while I'm trying to do the right thing here.

I'm not too concerned about a few folks wanting to "tarnish" my reputation. I'll defend myself as far as it takes--even if it means getting kicked off these boards in doing so...

This is 100% about jealousy, and nothing else. Everything else; the nitpicky made up crap and B.S. -- is just that. Been there, done that, attending a small town High School. If it wasn't so pathetic, it would be completely laughable.

I have a book to do, and I'm too busy to piss around with this. Sorry to anyone that I offended, or put off. But like I said, I'm not going to stand for this harassment "here and there" while I'm trying be part of this.

I've had my say.

Later,
PMN
p.s. 1,400-plus hits? You people need to get a life!...LOL! :)

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Cute trick, Arlie....

I absolutely stand by what I said, and I've drawn the line in the sand.. I'm not going to be (IMO)

harassed by tim or anyone else, while I'm trying to do the right thing here.

I'm not too concerned about a few folks wanting to "tarnish" my reputation. I'll defend myself as far as it takes--even if it means getting kicked off these boards in doing so...

This is 100% about jealousy, and nothing else. Everything else; the nitpicky made up crap and B.S. -- is just that. Been there, done that, attending a small town High School. If it wasn't so pathetic, it would be completely laughable.

I have a book to do, and I'm too busy to piss around with this. Sorry to anyone that I offended, or put off. But like I said, I'm not going to stand for this harassment "here and there" while I'm trying be part of this.

I've had my say.

Later,
PMN
p.s. 1,400-plus hits? You people need to get a life!...LOL! :)

Speaking of books. Paul, please cancel my book order and refund my deposit.

Thank you

P

PNewitt

I'm sorry that you feel that way, Arlie.

This has been a very ugly thread, and I regret how it's turned out. I'm asking Jon (webmaster) to delete this thread as well.

I'll definately send you a refund ASAP(within the next two weeks), and return your car's registry information & photos and all the mail you've sent me over the years. Your CS will not appear in the Registry, assuming you want it that way.

I thought you more of a friend, since you were helpful with information regarding my mother last year.

I'll also place you on "ignore", with one more person to avoid these problems in the future.

The consensus with everyone that I've spoken with say that this fighting is senseless. I don't pretend to think that I won anything, and it actually didn't change anything for anyone...except show how foolish we've all been here.

Message boards are ugly places sometimes. It's an empathetic place to vent--but in doing so, it reflects so many dark and ugly sides to people. Words on a screen do not show any kind background of who is really there, nor how bad their day was, or if something awful happened on their side of the screen...

Again, I regret this "crap", and I apologize to everyone involved, Tim, Renee', Arlie, and Donna (who wasn't meant to be involved).

In reflection, if there is something for me to admit and learn from--it's my own character...and boy!! It's too darn easy to just let'r rip with how I react sometimes... I'll try to keep my thoughts to myself, and be more even-keeled in the future. But, by the same token, I don't like being broadsided while posting. As I've said in the past, I'll apologise immediately if I've ever offended anyone. I'm only human, and I get passionate about things....but in taking these chances in posting things as I do--I run the risk of being a target for criticism. It's part of being in the position that I'm in. Not something I'm always raising my hand to do...it kinda fell into my lap when this website started..

Many people I've spoken to are terrified of posting for that very reason....but you know, please post..and don't be afraid to do so. I really do like all of you...and there are some tremendous people that I truly respect and admire, like family. I can't tell you enough how I'm so moved by the attention and respect that I've gotten over the years...

If I'm not around for a while, it's because I have to lock myself in my room to finish the book. It's coming along very well, and it's going to knock your socks off!!

Again, my sincerest apologies for my part in thie ugly fight, and I didn't win anything (because I lost Arlie).

This is all I'll say on this thread. I'm done here.

Paul N.

PonyGal

PN "...and BTW--I didn't have to, but I apologized to PonyGal via PM, with no response."

Now Paul, you know that is just not true!! I did respond to your PM where you proceeded to tell me that you basically had no idea who the hell I even was, let alone remember criticizing me. Is it that easy for you to meet someone for the first time, find something wrong with who they are or what they drive, criticize them and then conveniently forget who they are if they don't fall into whatever catagory that you feel you need to use to your advantage???

I told you why I posted what I did and I still stand by my comments even though you told me to "reconsider" what I said. I could not just sit there and watch you criticize one of my best friends without letting others know that it is NOT just just a problem between you and Tim. I have seen this same pattern from you.

You have no idea who I am, nor do you remember ever meeting me, so let's just leave it at that. I really feel that you are not the type of person that I would want to know anyway! I love life too damm much to get caught up with negative, egotistical people. I too had though that we had put this thread to rest and I don't know why you felt the need to dig it up again. Let it rest Paul!! I am sure that, as of now, we can ALL make claim to "being sick of this crap".

Mosesatm

This has been a very ugly thread, and I regret how it's turned out. I'm asking Jon (webmaster) to delete this thread as well.

I'll definately send you a refund ASAP(within the next two weeks), and return your car's registry information & photos and all the mail you've sent me over the years. Your CS will not appear in the Registry, assuming you want it that way.

I thought you more of a friend, since you were helpful with information regarding my mother last year.

I'll also place you on "ignore", with one more person to avoid these problems in the future.

The consensus with everyone that I've spoken with say that this fighting is senseless. I don't pretend to think that I won anything, and it actually didn't change anything for anyone...except show how foolish we've all been here.

Message boards are ugly places sometimes. It's an empathetic place to vent--but in doing so, it reflects so many dark and ugly sides to people. Words on a screen do not show any kind background of who is really there, nor how bad their day was, or if something awful happened on their side of the screen...

Again, I regret this "crap", and I apologize to everyone involved, Tim, Renee', Arlie, and Donna (who wasn't meant to be involved).

In reflection, if there is something for me to admit and learn from--it's my own character...and boy!! It's too darn easy to just let'r rip with how I react sometimes... I'll try to keep my thoughts to myself, and be more even-keeled in the future. But, by the same token, I don't like being broadsided while posting. As I've said in the past, I'll apologise immediately if I've ever offended anyone. I'm only human, and I get passionate about things....but in taking these chances in posting things as I do--I run the risk of being a target for criticism. It's part of being in the position that I'm in. Not something I'm always raising my hand to do...it kinda fell into my lap when this website started..

Many people I've spoken to are terrified of posting for that very reason....but you know, please post..and don't be afraid to do so. I really do like all of you...and there are some tremendous people that I truly respect and admire, like family. I can't tell you enough how I'm so moved by the attention and respect that I've gotten over the years...

If I'm not around for a while, it's because I have to lock myself in my room to finish the book. It's coming along very well, and it's going to knock your socks off!!

Again, my sincerest apologies for my part in thie ugly fight, and I didn't win anything (because I lost Arlie).

This is all I'll say on this thread. I'm done here.

Paul N.

Paul, you can keep whatever I've sent you and you can keep my car in the book if you want.

My only issue is that the book was 1st promised in Spring 2005 and I have finally lost confidence that it will be published. All I want is the refund.

ETA: I posted this before reading where you apologized to the group and said you were going to lock yourself in a room to finish the book.

If you do 'lock yourself in room and finish the book' you can leave my order on file and ignore the refund request. If it would help speed things up a little may I suggest cutting out a lot of the trinkets. I think I can speak for a lot of us and say that we don't really need all those items. It's the book we are interested in.

When will the book be published?

Mustanglvr

I'll definately send you a refund ASAP(within the next two weeks), and return your car's registry information & photos and all the mail you've sent me over the years. Your CS will not appear in the Registry, assuming you want it that way. Paul N.

I can`t believe you would think of removing Arlie and his car from the book Paul! What a low blow. You know very well none of us would want our cars removed out of the registry. I know you`ve apologized, but geez...

This has been going on way too long. I vote that you get your registry book into print already, for your sanity and ours.:smile:

Remember, it`s all about the cars.....

CougarCJ

I can`t believe you would think of removing Arlie and his car from the book Paul! What a low blow. You know very well none of us would want our cars removed out of the registry. I know you`ve apologized, but geez...

What they said.

This has been going on way too long. I vote that you get your registry book into print already, for your sanity and ours.:smile:

Remember, it`s all about the cars.....

Can I get a big AMEN?

franklinair

Let's all just boycot this thread, and let it die its own death. Too much negativity here. In the future, if someone has a beef with someone else - do the communicating thru a PM. That way the rest of the several hundred members of this site don't have to be inflicted with personal disagreements & squabbles. If the ones involved don't wish to continue the communication with the other(s) - just block them. And the conversation is over.
I enjoy this site, and I like to help folks as best I can, and in return I learn things. The irony of this whole thing is I've either met or communicated with all of the 'squabblees' and found each & everyone to be good people. Yes, we all have our quirks & idiosynchrosis, but lets not get ugly about it.
This is a good site with lots of good folks. Lets keep it friendly & positive, and help one another. I for one will no longer click onto this particular thread. Its not what I'm here for. I love ALL the 'squablees'!!

Neil

Mustanglvr

I just really had to say something Neil.
I don`t think any of you are surprised that I chimed in.:icon_ecst

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'm locking this thread since it's gotten so far removed from the original starting topic. If people want to continue the argument I can split out into it's own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.