• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 1/2 428 fastback

coloradoHCS

I was looking for a new toy and came across a 1968-1/2 428 R code at the Volo Auto Museum in Illinois. I think they are asking $53K for this red fastback...FYI.
Mark

390cs68rcode

I passed on this car for a few reasons. I did not like the 4.30 rear end, it seems to have been modified at some point, it had a chin spolier on it and they removed it, thye knocked 6k off the asking price which means to me they are having a hard time selling it and a few other things. I see it is gone from their website so maybe someone bought it.

I did buy one similar to it.

di81977

1968 1/2 428 CJ Fastback

Sold for $513K at Barrett-Jackson (lot 1274.1)

"It is the Fastest Pure Stock in History of Man!" -Hot Rod Magazine, March 1968. These 68 1/2 428 Cobra-Jet 4 spds. Were available exclusively at Foulger Ford hi-performance sales. This car was bought brand new at the West Coasts number one hi-performance dealership, Foulger Ford. They were the envy of all other new car dealers, offering the unbeatable combination of street or strip performance being able to put a stop to the "Hemi" . This car can be found in the R-code 428 registry. It is a true documented Foulger Ford Mustang, coming out of sunny Southern California. The car was rust free and perfect prior to a meticulous two year professional, rotisserie documented restoration. This car is the rarest and fastest of performance Mustangs, Boss's and Shelby's included! Foulger Ford's Hemi-Hunter will challenge any or all muscle cars on its fit, finish, documents, and detail, but most of all its blinding performance at 556hp. Coincidentallly, it is the stable mate of Barrett-Jackson's world record black '67 Shelby! This Hemi-Hunter is the car to watch at Barrett-Jackson 2006! "Don't miss your chance to own the fastest car in the history of man!"