• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 color comfirmation

Powell

Hi All, I finally got my rebult power steering pump and have painted it with the "ACCUMATCH" power steering pump color # L-17520 and am quite suprised by the color. It really looks like an Oldsmobile valve cover color, I was expecting something darker. I will attach a photo and hope the color comes thru. Any thoughts on the color would be greatly appreciated.

Ralph

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 46

Ruppstang

It looks like the right color, it might be a bit light. The paint is thin and takes a few coats. Marty

J_Speegle

Color seems to have varied a bit between batches from a dark blue to a slightly greener version. Both with some or more ;) metallic

Here are a couple of examples - first a NOS one the second one painted with NPDs newest version of the color matched from an original sample

As mentioned your example looks light

69PSpumpfrnt.jpg

RestoredPSpumpfront.jpg

OP
OP
Powell

Powell

Wow, Thanks for the info, I appreciate all the help here.

Ralph

Mosesatm

Here is a shot of how the color looks compared to the engine color.

Attachments

• PS Pump 1.jpg
    PS Pump 1.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 74