• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Low Mileage Sunlit Gold GT/CS (See price change)

Magnum

SEE PRICE CHANGE BELOW SEE PRICE CHANGE BELOW

I purchased this car off the GT/CS site a few months ago and have decided to sell it if anyone is interested. This car has 38K original miles and it comes with some good documentation. Fairly low optioned car with a 289, auto, AM radio and power steering. Car runs great. Having brakes put on it right now and once that is done, I would not be afraid to drive it anywhere. The only rust that I have noted is on top of the fender apron but the rest of the car is beautiful. One small dent on the door but the rest of the body is great. Paint is very tired so a paint job will be in order. Still has the original trunk mat, spare tire and jack assembly. Thanks for the space!

Last edited:

classicsguy

If you can post pictures it will increase your chances of selling it. Just my 0.02 worth...

OP
OP
M

Magnum

If you can post pictures it will increase your chances of selling it. Just my 0.02 worth...

Good morning -

I would love to do that but unfortunately I don't know how to make it happen. I do have digital pictures available.

Thanks for the suggestion

David

Ruppstang

David here are some pictures I took of it when I bought our HCS from Curtis. I thought it was cool that it still had the orginal spare. Marty

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
M

Magnum

Ruppstang -

Thanks for posting these two pictures. The only things I have done to the car since purchasing it from Curtis is:

1. Rebuild carburetor
2. Do some tuning on engine
3. Replace gas tank sending unit
4. Having brakes checked and necessary work performed

This really is a great running car and very smooth.

David

OP
OP
M

Magnum

GT/CS update

I have now replaced the black wall tires and hubcaps with a nice set of wheels and tires that really set the car. I have also put new shocks on all four corners of the car and a new black dashpad has been installed. Because I need to sell the car, I will keep the price the same for now. Maybe this will help motivate someone to take a serious look at this very solid and low mileage car.

Thanks!

OP
OP
M

Magnum

Price drop to $13,000 (firm)

i purchased this car off the gt/cs site a few months ago and have decided to sell it if anyone is interested. This car has 38k original miles and it comes with some good documentation. Fairly low optioned car with a 289, auto, am radio and power steering. Car runs great. Having brakes put on it right now and once that is done, i would not be afraid to drive it anywhere. The only rust that i have noted is on top of the fender apron but the rest of the car is beautiful. One small dent on the door but the rest of the body is great. Paint is very tired so a paint job will be in order. Still has the original trunk mat, spare tire and jack assembly. Thanks for the space!

GARPh

I agree with Ruppstang. This is a really good deal! Hope you find a buyer soon. Hang in there!

OP
OP
M

Magnum

Thanks for all of the kind words guys regarding the car. I hate to sell it but I have some other irons in the fire and need to move some things around. With the wheels, tires and dash pad, the car really has taken on a new and good look.

Curtis, the brakes were in great shape but I was having a shop "seat" them in. The pedal was hard to push but now that they have tinkered with them some, the pedal pressure required is much less. It saved me quite a bit of money by not having to replace anything.

Regards,

David