• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

8 Track

case12

How many of you have an original 8 Track radio still in your GT/CS? I miss my 8 track days (although there is no way to beat the high tech iPOD). Casey

P

PNewitt

what you'll miss hearing on an iPOD.

" ...and now the relaxing music of Burt Bacharach...CLICK-CLACK.....CLICK-CLACK"

...LOL

Paul N.

CJ

Oh yea, out the window it went LOL.

CJ

Diesel Donna

Some of the owners here aren't old enough to know what an 8 track player was!! I had one bolted to the underside of my dash until someone broke into my car at a Denny's restaurant (having breakfast after disco dancing all night).

Mosesatm

You might be a redneck if you use old 8-tracks for skeet shooting

P

PNewitt

joedls said:
What's an 8 track? :confused:

It was after the Muntz 4-track that had reel-to-reel, under a plastic lid.

You know.....("too young"-NOT!) JOE, they say:"if you remember the sixties, you weren't really there".

You Nut.

Paul.

p.s. Donna? Disco? Travolta? White Suit? .....and at Denny's?
(you don't GO to Denny's, you end up there.) LMAO!!

L8GR868

I have a 4 track it is similar to the 8 it has a rubber wheel that goes up and drives the tape. It is mounted under the dash.
Eric

somethingspecial

When I met Tim, (Midnight Special) over 25 years ago, he was driving his yellow 69 Mach 1, It had an underdash 8 track with a "Supertramp, Breakfast in America" tape in it. I was at his place about 3 weeks ago looking at his Yellow Mach 1, and it has an underdash 8 track player in it with "Supertramp, Breakfast in America" tape in it. Some things never change. LOL. Mike

joedls

somethingspecial said:
When I met Tim, (Midnight Special) over 25 years ago, he was driving his yellow 69 Mach 1, It had an underdash 8 track with a "Supertramp, Breakfast in America" tape in it. I was at his place about 3 weeks ago looking at his Yellow Mach 1, and it has an underdash 8 track player in it with "Supertramp, Breakfast in America" tape in it. Some things never change. LOL. Mike

Who's Supertramp?

Nathan

Mine still has the original AM/ 8-Track player in it - it even has the original mono speaker up front. The 8-track player no longer works though and I can't find anyone around here who can fix it - so for now it just provides a place to hold my Johnny Cash tape.

CJ

Yea there are a few of us "old folks" on this forum. Had a '56 Chev in high school that had a 45 record player that had a chrome case attached under the dash. What was really cool about the chrome case was the reflections off of the chrome when your girl or another sat .......never mind.

CJ

Mustanglvr

Midnight Special said:
Now, now... Uncle Joe's jess'gettin' senile... 'Think that "Paris Hilton thing perked him up a bit tho!...

:icon_ecst :rofl: :rofl: :wink: Good one Tim.