• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

460 engines for sale

Mustanglvr

Hi all,
My husband has a friend that has a collection of about 40 Lincolns. Almost any kind and combination from the late 60`s to the early 80`s. He wants to sell them in any way he can and most of them have 460 engines and a few 351`s. If anybody is interested in buying the engines or any other part or a whole car let me know.

Rhonda

rvrtrash

Please ask him if he has an oil pan for a 351C with the two part windage tray in it or an electronic voltage regulator from '66-'67. It is about a 3"x4" rectangle with 3 wires coming out of it. I don't care if it works or not.
Steve

68gt390

Rhonda;
Any idea what his asking price is for a complete motor (460)? Since I'm looking at rebuilding my 390 - I got the bright idea maybe I'll just store the original 390 and rebuild me a 460 and drop it in. That would definitely set one's tail back in the seat. ;D

Don 8)

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Steve, he does`nt plan on selling the oil pan by itself. He wants it to go with the engine. Does the voltage regulater have to be from a 66-67 or can it be from another year?

Don, he wants $350.00 for a complete running 460 engine and $500.00 for the engine and C6 transmission. You pay for shipping.

rvrtrash

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=3;threadid=2286;start=0#msg16227 date=1130992135]
Steve, he does`nt plan on selling the oil pan by itself. He wants it to go with the engine. Does the voltage regulater have to be from a 66-67 or can it be from another year?

[/quote]

The voltage reg. I'm looking for looks a lot different than most, and was only used on some T-bird and Lincolns in '66 and '67. Instead of using a relay like most, this one was solid state. If you remove the cover (flat with 4 screws) there was a circuit board inside. Thanks for checking for me. I'll pass on the other. It would cost more to ship the engine than the pan is worth.
Steve

68gt390

Rhonda;
Thanks for checking that for me on the motor. Once I decide for sure which direction I'm going to go I'll get back with you and work things from there. Thanks again.

Don ;)

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr said:
Hi all,
My husband has a friend that has a collection of about 40 Lincolns. Almost any kind and combination from the late 60`s to the early 80`s. He wants to sell them in any way he can and most of them have 460 engines and a few 351`s. If anybody is interested in buying the engines or any other part or a whole car let me know.

Rhonda

Hi all,
My friend still has many 460 engines and C6 transmissions for sale. $350.00 for a good running engine and $500.00 for engine and C6 transmission. They would make great Christmas gifts!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Yes, they are all in Minnesota. They are all in a collection of Lincolns from the late 60` 70`s and early 80`s. I don`t know what shipping costs would be.

Brad

Interested in a 460

Rhonda,

I am interested in purchasing a 460. Are they still available? I also emailed you via your Ebay id.

Thanks,

Brad Head

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Brad said:
Rhonda,

I am interested in purchasing a 460. Are they still available? I also emailed you via your Ebay id.

Thanks,

Brad Head

Yes Brad, there are still many available. My husbands boss owns them and they are still sitting in the cars needing to be pulled out. I will PM you his phone number and you can talk with him.

U

Unregistered

Mustanglvr said:
Hi all,

Rhonda
Hi my name chris and i,m interested in the 460 if he has one in the 80,
you can email me back at csutton@vishay.com also let me know the price
and the milege if you can.

Thanks chris

73' T-BIRD

Is That Deal Still Available?

Mustanglvr said:

Don, he wants $350.00 for a complete running 460 engine and $500.00 for the engine and C6 transmission. You pay for shipping.
IS THAT DEAL STILL AVAILABLE? TELL ME THE WEIGHT SO, I CAN GET SHIPPING ARRANGE THEN I'M ALL OVER IT.

matt

i was wondering if you had any idea how much shipping would be for the 460 and c6 to sacramento, ca.