• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fog light mounting

dalorzo_f

Anyone got details/dimensions for the mounting of the fogs? Any difference in Lucas vs. Marchal? Were some pedestal mounted and some on the grill like the GT's?

Mosesatm

Marchals mount in the grille on the angled brackets while Lucas' mount on vertical posts. Which ones do are you going to use?

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

I have a 68 S code GT coupe that I may convert to Lucas style lights from the GT grille mounted. I have 4 Lucas lights and a bunch of parts for mounting, post style. Wondering the spacing on the posts and if it just bolts to the grill molding. Seems a kinda weak mount, unless there's some bracket/support underneath..???

Mosesatm

A member on this site makes and sells all the correct hardware for the Lucas light installation at a very reasonable price. His handle is Hicountrybob.

The spacing from center of post to center of post on my car is 29".

Attached is a picture of a correct installation for Lucas lights.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: