• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hood Question

njmop

Please view item 320067207945 on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=320067207945

I plan on bidding on this hood because mine has aftermarket hood pins drilled into the radiator mount. To repair my hood I'd have to have the holes filled and then hope it doesn't show through. This one looks to have the holes drilled at the correct locations. I've done some comparison to photos in the gallery, but I want some opinions on this hood. Will it work?

It's located closed enough to me that it'd be worth bidding on.

miller511

I would make darn sure that the holes for the pins are drilled in the right location before bidding.

Maybe ask the seller to measure them for you.

PFSlim

Jeff has a good idea there. Then compare to Paul N's book as to the placement. We compared our old holes drilled on our original hood and then crossed checked with Paul's measurements. Then, we drilled the new holes in the new hood. It is not difficult to do, just nerve racking.

Paul

OP
OP
njmop

njmop

I made the request...

Thanks. I just PM'd the seller and linked the gallery pick here that showed the dimensions of the hole (5 3/16 from edge to center and 7 3/4 from the outermost lip). We'll see if I get a reply.

I have a second turn signal hood, but it needs a small (1"x2") piece of the underside of the front lip welded in and there is a very small bit of repair on the topside. I figured I could use this "ebay" hood to cut out a couple steps if the condition is better and the holes are close. I am also debating replacing my radiator mount due to a very poor repair (my front aprons too). At that point I'd have a little more room for error when I weld the pin mounts back on.