• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Book Update / My Participation Here / PMs

P

PNewitt

Dear Members--

I wanted to notify everyone that I am no longer able to participate with the discussions here, since I am presently so heavily involved with the production of the registry, the book and related items.

However, I can tell you about some of the highlights of what is currently happening:

- Last week, I had a long talk with Rick Kopec (President) of the Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC), and have been asked to provide 4-6 pages of GT/CS History for the 2008 (2009?) Shelby Registry Book. Rick and I have come up with a plan to involve the GT/CS Registry Members in more SAAC events, car shows (incl. rules), etc., and to give our marque of Mustang more recognition within SAAC. This is big news!

- We have discovered some important photos of Little Red.

- Color, 1968, aerial shots of A.O. Smith (where the '68 Shelby & GT/CS fiberglass parts were made) in Ionia, MI.

- I am interviewing a key Ford dealer, that was there in 1968, selling and promoting the GT/CS.

- Ongoing research about Concours detailing, with Jeff Speegle, and help from Mike Jewell. new information about factory processes is coming out.

- I have so much new information about the 2007-2008 GT/CS, that I had to create a whole new chapter!! An interview with it's project manager will be included.

- Fliers about the book and other items will be sent out sometime in the next two months to members of the GT/CS Registry List.

I will be happy to answer any and all "private messages" regarding questions or problems that you may need help with (that the resident experts here might not be able to answer). I will also be PM-ing various folks to ask and/or aknowledge their support, comments and/or hard work providing information and photos, etc., from previous threads here--as a follow through for the book.

(if my PM 'IN" box happens to be full, just try later)

Thank you all!!

Paul M. Newitt
GT/CS Registrar

Canuck CSter

Paul,

Great news, I'm if there is any way me or the others members can share any of this large burdon. To help our own cause I'm sure we all would be more than willing to help...

Good luck, great job.

DR in Ottawa

Can't wait for my signed copy of the book....

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Thanks, DR!

I appreciate all the help and support that I've received here. There are also many owners that are not on this site that have helped quite a lot, too.

I have about 2 gigabytes of info to sort though, and 10 interviews to do. That doesn't include the many photo cds I need to look at for the Registry.

There is talk about a group of GT/CS and HCS cars coming to the SAAC convention in Utah (Salt Lake) this July (including the 2007/2008 GT/CS cars). SAAC will provide us room to group our cars, and have a get-together, clinics, etc, too. ( www.saac.com )

So much is happening! Too much to do!

gotta go--thanks again!

Paul.

John McGilvary

SAAC Convention

Miller Sports Park is only about 30 miles from where I live. Chances are my friend (owner of several Shelby's) and I will be there. I am sure my California Special will be ready to shine there also. John

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hey John!

It's in your own back yard. I heard that Larry Miller (??), owner of a sports team in Utah, has several Cobras and Shelbys, is sponsoring the use of the track, etc.

With how you said when you bought your GT/CS, and the less than flattering comments back then--this convention will more than make up for that. I'm sure you'll be one of the "bigger centers of attention" there!! :)

Paul.

John McGilvary

Respect

You bet Paul, I am very happy that we as CS owners are getting the respect we are due. Yes, Larry is the owner of the " Utah Jazz" and about half of the state. He is a real nice guy, and is an avid sports fan. John