• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 New Matchbox model!

Diesel Donna

I've been out of the loop for a while but had to share this, maybe someone has already posted it?
I was in a store yesterday and when I turned around there were the Matchbox 1/10 scale GT/CS cars. This is a NEW one! It is for 2012 and it is Lime Gold with white stripes! (Just like mine for a change). They are called MBX Old Town. The color is a brighter shade than the Greenlight models and you can actually read the rear fender script. The license plate on the picture says HERALDA.
Run to your stores now people!

~~~~Donna

somethingspecial

I had trouble finding any in the regular stores. Someone suggested Dollar Tree and I have found several. If you have a Dollar Tree near you, don't forget to check.

Mustanger

I've been out of the loop for a while but had to share this, maybe someone has already posted it?
I was in a store yesterday and when I turned around there were the Matchbox 1/10 scale GT/CS cars. This is a NEW one! It is for 2012 and it is Lime Gold with white stripes! (Just like mine for a change). They are called MBX Old Town. The color is a brighter shade than the Greenlight models and you can actually read the rear fender script. The license plate on the picture says HERALDA.
Run to your stores now people!

~~~~Donna

Do they look like these pic's ? ...

Attachments

• mb1968FordMustang.jpg
    mb1968FordMustang.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 58
  • mb_GTCS_tallpack.jpg
    mb_GTCS_tallpack.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 421
  • Matchbox_GTCS_shortpack.jpg
    Matchbox_GTCS_shortpack.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 67

p51

You can also find lots of them on ebay; albeit, they are 1:64 scale - not the 1:10th scale (!???!) version :wink:

With ebay, as always, watch out for those shipping costs...

Jeff Knoll

How does Matchbox come up with their concepts?
When i purchased my car in early 2010 i was told by the owner that he had done a photo shoot and the car was going to be made into a "model car". Low and behold matchbox came out with a silver gt/cs about a year later. (Not a typical color for our cars) I have always wondered if this was just a coincidence or if this was what the old owner meant. I tried to call him to ask but his number had been disconnected. I also thought about writing matchbox to ask where they got the concept. Any info would be helpful.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Mustanger, at first glance I thought that was it...but on closer inspection of your photo mine is labeled differently! It says it is #61 of 120 but on the right lower side it also said MBX Old Town..??!! I wish I knew how to post photos here... I found mine at WinCo in Modesto for $1.08.
And I wonder why your pictures also show two different style labeling on the lower right corner?

Jeff, I don't know who you bought your car from but the only car I know of that ever had a photo shoot and actually made into a model was Don from Columbus, Ohio. I forgot the size of the model and details but others here can give you exact information and the thread to find it on. His car is Royal Maroon. I don't know why Matchbox would put hood stripes on either, or the full chrome grill and tail light section. Oh well..I'm just always happy to see our car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

You can also find lots of them on ebay; albeit, they are 1:64 scale - not the 1:10th scale (!???!) version :wink:

With ebay, as always, watch out for those shipping costs...

Yes p51, my Greenlight model is a 1:64 scale model, my 2011 Matchbox model has no scale number on it and looks smaller and also says it is "25 of 100" AND "Heritage Classics 12 of 13" ??? I'm really confused now!

Jeff Knoll

Diesel Donna,
I'm not sure what the old owner had meant about making a "model car" either. For all i know he told me this so I would pay more...LOL I just found it interesting that about a year later I see a gt/cs in silver. I am like you, I would love to see more awarness of these cars. Its nice to see a toy supplier also sees the beauty in them. :grin:

Mustanger

Mustanger, at first glance I thought that was it...but on closer inspection of your photo mine is labeled differently! It says it is #61 of 120 but on the right lower side it also said MBX Old Town..??!! I wish I knew how to post photos here... I found mine at WinCo in Modesto for $1.08.
And I wonder why your pictures also show two different style labeling on the lower right corner?

Jeff, I don't know who you bought your car from but the only car I know of that ever had a photo shoot and actually made into a model was Don from Columbus, Ohio. I forgot the size of the model and details but others here can give you exact information and the thread to find it on. His car is Royal Maroon. I don't know why Matchbox would put hood stripes on either, or the full chrome grill and tail light section. Oh well..I'm just always happy to see our car.

Hey Donna,

I have a few of these Matchbox cars also (purchased at Target and Walmart), but the pic's I posted came from Google Images :smile: ... also, the 2 different labels may be due to the "short pack" vs. the "tall pack" style of packaging ...

hookedtrout

How does Matchbox come up with their concepts?
When i purchased my car in early 2010 i was told by the owner that he had done a photo shoot and the car was going to be made into a "model car". Low and behold matchbox came out with a silver gt/cs about a year later. (Not a typical color for our cars) I have always wondered if this was just a coincidence or if this was what the old owner meant. I tried to call him to ask but his number had been disconnected. I also thought about writing matchbox to ask where they got the concept. Any info would be helpful.

I have the gray matchbox and it looks just like your car, I'd bet that is exactly what it was.

Mustanger

Latest Color: RED

I was at my local Walmart last week and I came across a red one!! Pretty cool :thumb: ... get'em while they're hot :wink: ...

Attachments

• Red_Matchbox_GTCS.jpg
    Red_Matchbox_GTCS.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 56

somethingspecial

I was at my local Walmart last week and I came across a red one!! Pretty cool :thumb: ... get'em while they're hot :wink: ...

Is that a Matchbox or Hot Wheel? Looks like a Matchbox. Do you have a pic of the packaging. I like the Red ones.

BroadwayBlue

Blue Matchbox available too...

Just resurrecting this thread. Didn't see any mention of the availability of the matchbox CS in blue.
(not that I'm partial to blue CS's or anything :cool:)

Found that a blue version was available in a 2012 Matchbox First Editions 10 pack.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Matchbox-First-Editions-Factory-Sealed-10-Pack-New-/400317914022?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item5d34ce9ba6

Also a special dealer edition for a lot more money.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MCCH-Matchbox-2011-Dealer-Model-Ford-Mustang-GT-CS-Blue-Roof-/150889925201?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item2321bd8a51

All colors still available on eBay in all the colors. Including blue!

Attachments

• $(KGrHqFHJBsE7y7)3mg2BPHE7m6R7g~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqFHJBsE7y7)3mg2BPHE7m6R7g~~60_57.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 48
  • $(KGrHqJHJCME63(5C-Q(BO5rCUz)(Q~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqJHJCME63(5C-Q(BO5rCUz)(Q~~60_57.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 46
  • $(KGrHqN,!nMF!WkKPE)0BQPW71PF9w~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqN,!nMF!WkKPE)0BQPW71PF9w~~60_57.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 53

gt/csj4

if you guys can believe it i actually took the red with white matchbox car and did it up to match my car (red with black) ill upload a pic soon i think youll like it. I painted the deck lid stripes, filled in the tailight panel, and the "chrome" accents throughout. Not too bad i think. They're a lot harder to paint then it looks

Attachments

• 2012-09-12_13-45-31_43.jpg
    2012-09-12_13-45-31_43.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited: