• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Info on engine stickers?

Jester

The engine and enginebay is now renovated on my C-Code. all original. As a final touch I would like to add original type stickers such as the 289 decal etc. anyone has a reference for what stickers should be added and where's hey should be added? Also where could I buy them?

Ruppstang

I will attach two pictures of a original 68 J code. One you can not see is the battery inspection label above the battery. NPD has concours decal as does ECS. Marty

Last edited:

Ruppstang

I am having trouble uploading these pics here is one.

Attachments

• ebay%20026 Orginal 68 SJ  car.jpg
    ebay%20026 Orginal 68 SJ car.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 68%20Mustang%20040 Orginal SJ car_crop.jpg
    68%20Mustang%20040 Orginal SJ car_crop.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 111

dalorzo_f

Gonna get dinged a point for that rad cap! :wink:

And note the lack of the commonly used "Caution Fan" decal, which was not applied at the factory. A later safety recall item, which many believe to be correct...

green56

engine stickers

Marty what are the two decals one of them is on the valve cover and the other one is just on the in side of the water bottle thanks Tom from Wisconsin

OP
OP
J

Jester

I was just about to order these from NPD and noticed that the service instruction sticker doesnt have the same layout as the one dalorzo shows or what ruppstang has in the eginebay. I don't find any other matching sticker on NPD homepage for 1968. Where exactly did you get the picture dalorzo? The one i get when filtering on 1968 is the below. Since it made me not certain it was correct I am not sure the emmission sticker is the right one either even if hompage says its the one for 1968 289 2V. So if any kind soul could verify it for me I'd appreciate it.

While at it; the 289 sticker has checkered flags on it, I thought the sticker for the 289 2V was without the checkered areas...?

Attachments

• d-43.jpg
    d-43.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 38
  • d-158.jpg
    d-158.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 31

dalorzo_f

An example from the NPD site, D-MC138.

Here is their D-43 which they call out as for 68 Mustang... no Ford Numbers on them so not sure how to tell one from another.

d-43.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jester

D43. It's the same as I found. But if you look closely on Ruppstangs photo you see it's another layout. Makes me wonder....

Thanks Bill, seems the emissions sticker is the right one anyways.
/Jesper

Ruppstang

Gonna get dinged a point for that rad cap! :wink:

And note the lack of the commonly used "Caution Fan" decal, which was not applied at the factory. A later safety recall item, which many believe to be correct...

Not my car, agree on deduction on cap. No! caution fan decals I deduct for them because it was not a factory idem.

OP
OP
J

Jester

The decals finally came and are now attached. When the D-43 sticker came it showed it had the same layout as in the picture of the 302. Still dont know why there are 2 layouts though. Thanks for the pointers. Attached is a picture of the final results.

Attachments

• 289_Small Size.jpg
    289_Small Size.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
J

Jester

Are you getting picky?!? Red dipstick handles, very visual and convenient when you want to find them fast :smile: Actually they were red when I bought the car, never done anything with them. Are they be blue in original? The one by the solenoid is the battery sticker, I didnt have a reference for it and looked around and found location differed a lot in photos I saw. Would right above the battery be considered a more accurate position?

dalorzo_f

Just curious, as I had never seen red or a sticker in that location (or one on that apron) before...

I think the oil should be blue. And the PS stick match the can, think they were painted with the stick in so for concourse the upper end of the filler tube would be bare.

Tim_morrison82

PS pump is not the standard ford blue, its a greeny shade of blue (Teal?). not sure of the dipstick color. its defintely not black, or 'ford blue'

BroadwayBlue

Looks good!

Might be tough to even put the "Caution Fan" sticker since I don't think it even has a fan shroud :wink: (or does it and I'm missing it?)

Nice job!