• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Sequential Brake Lights and Chrome

CobraMan

I can't find my questions in any of the threads so here goes.

1) Are the brake lights suppose to be Sequential? (like the Shelby's) Or, solid?

2) The lower portion of the Bumpers (Don't know the technical names) that run next to the license plates...Are they suppose to be Chrome or painted the same color of the Vehicle?

BrandonB

1) Tail lights are supposed to be solid, non-sequential.

2) If you mean the piece that houses the taillights where the gascaps comes out from, that is painted the color of the car. Im not sure what part you meant through in question 2.

case12

I think the question 2 is if the "bumper guards" on the rear are supposed to be painted body color (on the sides/chrome and black rubber on the front) or are they supposed to be all chrome. I wondered this too. Mine are painted body colored and I have seen this on other 68's.
Casey

OP
OP
C

CobraMan

I'm going to go with "Bumper Guards". THe front bumper guards are chrome while the rears are painted the color of the body paint. It appears though that there is a rubber strip running down the center. I'm curious what the proper configuration should be? ANy additional input is welcomed.

Thanks

case12

Was just talking with Bob Teets by phone on some other things, and asked him. He confirmed the rear bumper guards are painted body color with a rubber black edge. (This is how my CS is). Casey