• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. MCA Museum

OP
OP
H

hcsstang

The museum will open April 17 to 20 located in Concord N. C. Just outside of Charlotte. The museum is under construction.

Edward Bodoh

Cross country to museum

A group of mustang owners will be starting a run around April 6 from Seattle to California bay area local Mustang shop for a show. From there others will join in on a continued run to so cal then veer Eastward on a cross country tour ending up in Concord North Carolina for the grand opening of the museum. From what I understand we will be stopping along the way and meet up with other mustang clubs daily...from state to state. Rumor is past runs have gathered hundreds of mustangs at one time. I have signed up for the museum opening and the events the speedway will host for the week. I have a few websites saved for above mentioned if anyone is interested in joining. Here is the museum website.
http://www.mustangownersmuseum.com/grand-opening--55-years-of-mustang-event.html
Hotels and museum reservations are going fast.
Never gone on a cross country mustang run of this magnitude and I'm stoked. Imagine hundreds of pony cars arriving at one time for this....
Anyone interested email or PM me. Bummed that the X code will stay behind but my late model will be more fun for this one...and safer...and FASSSTER.
ED.

mbsf1970

Yes, Ed. safer and faster but nowhere near as exciting to drive across country!!
I just discovered after 2700 miles that you can't really fall asleep behind the wheel of an old car....it simply demands too much driving attention!
Stephen

Diesel Donna

Nope, can't fall asleep driving a 50 year old car. I haven't had mine on a road trip in many years but we had a great time in Lincoln. I even went through Grand Island, Ne. where I used to live and work...stopped for fuel at Bosselman's Truck stop. It doesn't look even remotely the same but I used to work in the restaurant there. I asked my girl how she felt being there again. Yup, was driving my Mustang then with a jacked up rear end, mis matched Cragers, aluminum mud flaps, glass packs, padlocks where the hood pins were suppose to be, and a wood steering wheel. That must have been around 1974-75. Good times!

mbsf1970

Your the long distance pro in here Steve...any trips planned now that Doug got Neil's special treatment package?

Ed.

Ed,
Nothing in near future....I have some major "honey do" jobs around the house that need doing while summer is here. Doug is now in the "ice cream" run stage of summer.....:grin:

Wouldn't be opposed to a trip but summer goes by fast!!