• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - Submit your pics for the 2007 Calendar!

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Mustanglvr said:
Jon, I have some pics in my gallery that were taken at a lake. If you think one of them might be good enough, you may consider it for the calender, but when they are really big you can see the pic isn`t very clear. Maybe you can fix that. I have them on disc too if you`de want me to send them to you.
The problem with the pics in the Gallery is they're not high enough resolution because the gallery reduces them to 1200x800 max. I'm not sure which pic you were thinking of, but if you have a larger resolution (maybe the one you uploaded to the gallery from your computer) you can email it to me and I'll check it out.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
PNewitt said:
I have some (extra) slides I took for the 1989 copy of my book's cover, next to the Golden Gate bridge. They are well lighted, and the maroon looks great. So--are slides OK? Can you scan them if I mail them to you?
I'll check around Paul to see if I can locate a slide scanner. I don't know of one off the top of my head, but can maybe find one. A local camera store might be able to scan it for you too for a couple of bucks.

Also--if possible. For the photos, what about a VIN, and a description of the car, such as engine, trans, options, etc. About two sentences or so under the photo, or as (readable) text on the photo.
Yeah, that's what we've done for the previous calendars and it works well. Once the voting is done I email the winners back and get all their specifics.

And!! What if I provided a list of important dates of the development and sales of the GT/CS based on my timeline from Jan-July '68?
That would be great. I'm just not sure I can add special dates. Last year I wasn't able to, but things may have changed with the program since then.

davidathans

i am going to attempt to take a decent picture of my car with background that is not distracting this time, so maybe i might some votes this year...

hopefully everyone else that hasnt submitted is because they are still trying to take a new picture like me.

Shoud i get a friend to take a picture of me doing a burnout for the calendar?

Mustanger

davidathans said:
... Shoud i get a friend to take a picture of me doing a burnout for the calendar?

You bet!!! I'm not a professional photographer, but if I were you, I'ld check out what other pro photos of burnouts look best ... especially car magazine covers ... do a search and check 'em out ... here's one sample:

http://akamai.magazine-services.net/covers/dxv/10386002.gif

... even though it's a small pic, you can get a few pointers: fill up the frame, shoot pic at an angle, capture the smoke, good lighting, etc ...

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
...and remember the calendar is in landscape orientation, so avoid taking vertical shots.

P

PNewitt

davidathans said:
Shoud i get a friend to take a picture of me doing a burnout for the calendar?

..that all depends if there is a camera with a fast enough shutter speed to catch your car at the drags...

...so..I say YES!!

Paul.

TheBlkPearl

Calendars are great

Jon,

I emailed some pictures of my GT/CS - hope they are usable…the Pearl is my baby…..

Thanks for your work on these projects, it is really appreciated!!

Randy

obsidianspider

admin said:
Maybe there are a lot of procrastinators out there waiting until the last minute to submit pics, but at the moment we only have 4 cars submitted. :cry:

If you plan on submitting photos please post here or email me. The way it's looking the calendar won't happen this year. It's been such a success the last 2 years, so I'd really hate to cancel it from lack of interest. :embarass:

Are there enough submissions yet?

davidathans

i went out and took some good shots of my cs in the hills with some nice backgrounds...im still trying to decide which angle...rear/side or front/side...

i dont think i'll be able to get a picture of a really nice burnout for this calendar, sorry guys...maybe next year...i had to write an apology letter to a lady and her husband because about a year ago i did a burnout pretty much right in front of their house, i was testing out my line lock and this really upset them, and i cant blame them so i really cant risk taking a picture of a burnout on the street bcuz its illegal and inconsiderate to neighbors..i'll have to wait until next time at the racetrack during the day and i just hope that i can take a decent picture regarding the background, my smoke cloud will have to cover up the advertisements on that wall from last years calendar shot.

Jon, im going to choose a picture in the next couple days, will there be enough submissions for the calendar this year?

P

PNewitt

David--

I have to say that it's quite considerate of you not to do a burnout-- thinking of your neighbors.

A lot of times, you get motorcycles with headers making all kinds of noise--sometimes late at night--which is really rude, to say the least.

Paul N.

obsidianspider

Burnout? Did someone say burnout?

minifeedburnout.jpg

I have the full resolution version of this :)

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, it looks like there will be enough for a vote, although just barely. I won't be able to work on anything until Sun evening, so I'l extending the submission date to Sun 9/17. Please get all photos in by noon Sunday so I can put the voting together that night.

Thanks!

Mustanger

obsidianspider said:
Burnout? Did someone say burnout?

minifeedburnout.jpg

I have the full resolution version of this :)

... Ahhhh, I love the smell of burnt rubber in the morning ...

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Mustanger said:
... Ahhhh, I love the smell of burnt rubber in the morning ...
I thought I had emailed most people back to let them know I got it. I'll check tonight and be sure everyone knows.

Diesel Donna

Jon,
I'll see if I can get a decent picture of my car to submit too...it will be a close call to get it to you by Sunday though. I have the Rte. 66 show this weekend...4 days of fun if I can handle it.
Come see us in downtown San Bernardino!

~~~~Donna

Mustanger