• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2005 Registry Update Thread

wally05

Haha, yes, Rich has been great during the whole purchase. We just got shipping setup today. BTW, Rich, I don't mind that it got pushed back at all. I was just getting the info. turned in. I made sure they called you and asked when it would work. :)

QuarterHorse

Paul:

I just learned of the registry and your book. I hope I'm not too late to submit my Mustang's info. for the book and to reserve a book. I am a Mustang literature junkie and would love to receive a copy to add to my library. I'll send it out to you tomorrow.

Thanks,

Skip

nfrntau

Wow, I just looked at when this post first started October 2006.

Paul,
Am I going to be able to give myself your book for Christmas this year?

aemoo28

I apologize

Paul was waiting for just one more CS story for this book. The chapter on how some people are determined to own a CS that doesn't want a new home.

Sorry, it's my fault. :wink:

Mosesatm

Wow, I just looked at when this post first started October 2006.

Paul,
Am I going to be able to give myself your book for Christmas this year?

Bill, by performing a little math based on Paul's latest flier my guess is that you will not see it by Christmas. The flier states that it will take 14 weeks to get the book printed.

Paul, please correct me if I'm mistaken but the flier also seems to state that those of us whose money you've been using for quite a while are going to end up paying $100 for our books, while those who did not order early will pay only $89. It seems to me that those of us who funded this project are being penalized. Maybe $89 should be the price for everyone.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

BroadwayBlue

Paul, please correct me if I'm mistaken but the flier also seems to state that those of us whose money you've been using for quite a while are going to end up paying $100 for our books, while those who did not order early will pay only $89. It seems to me that those of us who funded this project are being penalized. Maybe $89 should be the price for everyone.

Your thoughts?

I was wondering the same thing Arlie. For those of us that have ordered a large number of books it is a significant difference in price.

Mosesatm

A little bump for Paul in case he cares to answer either Bill's question or mine.

Stacey Enderle

A little bump for Paul in case he cares to answer either Bill's question or mine.

My Fellow and Lady Mustangers,

Sounds to me that it may be a desperate part on Paul's behalf, (no offense okay?") to get more orders in to get the book published. It's NOT CHEAP to self publish a book, I've done it myself years ago when I wrote a science fiction book and published it back in 96. To recover such investment is very slim when self publishing. The dead line has been bumped several times to try to get it done right and hopefully enough funding to get it published. The $89.00 price tag was a promo that Paul is doing to drum up more sales in his effort to get the book published. After all bare in mind that he's putting his CS up for sale to fund the books that we've been waiting for. Would you like to give up your "baby" to publish that book for everyone else? I'd suggest you all you folks think about it. I gave him more than $100.00 even though I could have just stuck with the $89.00 price that he offered. He's been burning the midnight oil in putting this book together. It's not an easy task. To be very frank with you all, I couldn't do it if I wanted to. Paul is not making a profit from any of this either. If we all get together and donate even $5.00, $10 or more to help out, it would be a big lift for him and for all of us who's been waiting for this book. When we do get, be thankful for the countless hours he's poured into it. No doubt it'll be a master piece.

Peace,

Stacey

BroadwayBlue

Hi Stacey,

I, and others I'm sure, fully understand the reason to offer the promo price. It's something I know that's often done when a show or appearance at a club or venue is not selling tickets. I've been in that position and paid a higher price than people that bought last minute. But I also got better seats than they did.

Understand, many of us have not ordered 1 book but have invested in 4, 5 or even more copies. $11 difference in price on each of these is a significant amount of money. Many people sent in their deposits or full amounts over a year ago to help out with initial financing.
Those that waited until the last minute are getting a significant savings and have not had their money tied up for that long.

I believe the promotion has since expired but think it did warrant some response as a matter of respect.

390cs68rcode

My Fellow and Lady Mustangers,

Sounds to me that it may be a desperate part on Paul's behalf, (no offense okay?") to get more orders in to get the book published. It's NOT CHEAP to self publish a book, I've done it myself years ago when I wrote a science fiction book and published it back in 96. To recover such investment is very slim when self publishing. The dead line has been bumped several times to try to get it done right and hopefully enough funding to get it published. The $89.00 price tag was a promo that Paul is doing to drum up more sales in his effort to get the book published. After all bare in mind that he's putting his CS up for sale to fund the books that we've been waiting for. Would you like to give up your "baby" to publish that book for everyone else? I'd suggest you all you folks think about it. I gave him more than $100.00 even though I could have just stuck with the $89.00 price that he offered. He's been burning the midnight oil in putting this book together. It's not an easy task. To be very frank with you all, I couldn't do it if I wanted to. Paul is not making a profit from any of this either. If we all get together and donate even $5.00, $10 or more to help out, it would be a big lift for him and for all of us who's been waiting for this book. When we do get, be thankful for the countless hours he's poured into it. No doubt it'll be a master piece.

Peace,

Stacey

Actually I offered to fund the book from the beginning. I guess Paul is trying to do it on his own, which I respect.

Mosesatm

Another bump for Paul to update everyone on the delivery date for the book.

Bob G

Paul:
When is the releasse date of the New book. Can you give some details of recent work you have done with this book?and what more has to be done before it goes into productioon. I would like to see some samples of the work you already completed, "that is we all would"?

Robert Geco

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

All I can say is that when I return from Washington St. (about March 30, I'll be concentrating on finishing up the book.

I'm (regular) mailing letters this week to everyone who has pre-ordered. Doing this book has been very difficult, with the Ford license, and insurance for that, and all the intense research.

As I've always said, I'll send anyone a refund immediately if they aren't happy with waiting, etc.

Unfortunately, my mother's cancer relapsed last October, and I had to help her quite a bit, especially from Feb through now. She passed away on Feb 26th, and I am her executor, and had to move her things out of her apt (by last fri), set up the service, funeral arrangments, financial paperwork, etc., etc...

I actually want this book finished and published more than anyone else here!

So--it will happen; and I know that it will be worth the long wait.

My apologies.

Paul Newitt

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

As of today (March 18, 2009) Everyone who has pre-ordered a book, was mailed a notice as to the status of the book's completion.

- Paul.

Mosesatm

This is from the SAAC site.

< BOOK UPDATE - 5/13/09>

I am progressing well on the book, and in fact, just found the Ford designer that did the '68 GT/CS. I will be interviewing him for the book.

I'm making strides on new information for Little Red and the Green Hornet prototypes. For example Little Red was painted a special red color--which is NOT Ferarri Red, but a close version. On the Green Hornet, some parts were revealed in the restoration photos, that prove her as the GT/SC prototype. In my interview with the GH restorer, Martin Euler, I'll ask about whether he wants to make me an GH-type IRS unit for my own GT/CS; maybe two or three for other owners (??) if there is enough interest...

Once the LR/GH chapters are to be completed this week, then it's off to finishing the 2007-09 GT/CS section, by an interview with that project's manager in Dearborn.

With those chapters completed then it's just a matter of editing the first 100 pages, and then refining the restoration and concours section. We'll tackle the taillight wiring problems once and for all!!

I wish to aknowledge and thank everyone on this site for your help, inspiration and hard work providing not only historical information, but for their data and registrations for the registry. I DO appreciate it.

So...it's back to the book! I'm knee deep in long hours to finish it up!! Cross your fingers for a July release, if all goes well.

More to follow in regular updates!

-Paul.

I'm guessing around Christmas, or after the 2009 production figures come out.

Diesel Donna

This is from the SAAC site.

< BOOK UPDATE - 5/13/09>

I am progressing well on the book, and in fact, just found the Ford designer that did the '68 GT/CS. I will be interviewing him for the book.

I'm making strides on new information for Little Red and the Green Hornet prototypes. For example Little Red was painted a special red color--which is NOT Ferarri Red, but a close version. On the Green Hornet, some parts were revealed in the restoration photos, that prove her as the GT/SC prototype. In my interview with the GH restorer, Martin Euler, I'll ask about whether he wants to make me an GH-type IRS unit for my own GT/CS; maybe two or three for other owners (??) if there is enough interest...

Once the LR/GH chapters are to be completed this week, then it's off to finishing the 2007-09 GT/CS section, by an interview with that project's manager in Dearborn.

With those chapters completed then it's just a matter of editing the first 100 pages, and then refining the restoration and concours section. We'll tackle the taillight wiring problems once and for all!!

I wish to aknowledge and thank everyone on this site for your help, inspiration and hard work providing not only historical information, but for their data and registrations for the registry. I DO appreciate it.

So...it's back to the book! I'm knee deep in long hours to finish it up!! Cross your fingers for a July release, if all goes well.

More to follow in regular updates!

-Paul.

I'm guessing around Christmas, or after the 2009 production figures come out.

This is dated 5/13/09 and today is the 6th? And Paul is thanking the SAAC for THEIR help,inspiration, hard work etc??? What am I missing here?

~~~~Donna

Doug

This is dated 5/13/09 and today is the 6th? And Paul is thanking the SAAC for THEIR help,inspiration, hard work etc??? What am I missing here?

~~~~Donna

Donna I was thinking the same thing and thought of asking that question - BUT didn't want to get blasted. I like and respect SAAC (have been a member for 20yrs) but what is he thanking them for?

di81977

I personally have a real problem with the fact that probably 99% of the prefunding (and ultmate purchasers) for this book has come from members of this site and Paul is providing updates to the SAAC forum, but not here.

I always get a kick out of seeing this thread when I come to the site. 2005 Update!!!!

Paul - just get the book done already!!

Diesel Donna

I personally have a real problem with the fact that probably 99% of the prefunding (and ultmate purchasers) for this book has come from members of this site and Paul is providing updates to the SAAC forum, but not here.

I always get a kick out of seeing this thread when I come to the site. 2005 Update!!!!

Paul - just get the book done already!!

AMEN.

I'll take the blasting any day. Bring it.

~~~~Donna