• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale CS for sale

somethingspecial

Spoke to the owner this morning. After educating him on the GT/CS history, He told me he might keep the car now. LOL He is going to send me the info tonight on the car for the Registry. He found it parked on the street in San Francisco, Purchased from the original owners estate. He does not have a Marti Report. Sounds like a nice car. He said someone has already contacted him to try to purchase just the Grille out of it. LOL I doubt he will move much on the price now that he knows about these cars. Sorry guys.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Just be careful, I was burned for $800.00 years ago by someone who claimed to have an Original Ford NOS grille in Ford packaging. What I got was a repop grille with crappy homemade brackets and pop rivoted together. No Ford box. Since it was from out of state seller, the DA wouldn't help me and told me to sue him. I just tucked my tail and ate it. Just a warning about how dishonest some scum can be. Check here if you find something before you pull the trigger. We try to protect our own. LOL

Cool Manchu

Hey Mike, I greatly appreciate all of the looking out that goes on around here. It's why I fessed up when I saw this thread. I am an above board kind of person.

I spoke to him regarding the car and brought up the grille. I told him that was a way to tell and that they are hard to find and costly. He said his wasn't perfect, so I said I would be willing to give him a fair price. :)

68sunlitgold

Stephen,
sorry no one replied to your question, first the grille on a CS is a 1967 Mustang grille with the vertical brackets taken off and NOT a 1968 Mustang grille (the 68 has the horse, coral and larger surround attachment points built into the grille mesh). Second is the Marchal light brackets (the base attaches to) which are different from standard 1968 foglight brackets. There is a section of grille cut out for the bracket to stick out through the grille. The Lucas lights do not us the bracket and attached to the grille surround, however the brackets where still put on the grilles and the wiring went through the opening in the bracket. Look at the "How to Identify" pictures to get a better idea of what the grille and brackets look like: http://californiaspecial.com/1968-GTCS-identification.htm

Doug

Mosesatm

Attachments

• 00202_9Xrd8wdCYm3_600x450.jpg
    00202_9Xrd8wdCYm3_600x450.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 110
OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Yes Arlie, That is the car. The owner still has not sent me any info on the car. Mike

clubpro

The seller has lowered the price to $15,000. Too bad he won't supply any info...

Cheers,

Ron

franklinair

Still too high, based on the single photo:
Paint $7K, + Body repair?, Suspension/Brakes, Interior, Engine condition? Marti Report?
Very easy to get upside down on market value. Just my humble opinion.

Neil